3

(...Present...)

The Tiger King stood in the doorway with my father. I stared at them.

"Lucina." My dad looked at me crying then at Jay and back again. "I'm sure you know the situation."

"Yeah! You sold me?! Instead of actually trying, you sold me!" I jumped out of bed, running up to my father. I glared up at him. "You are just as bad of a father as you are a gang leader!" Sadness became rage. 

My dad raised his hand, using the back of it to slap my right cheek. I stumbled back at the force, my eyes tearing up. 

The Tiger King glared at my father. "First, she's right. You're weak on both accounts. Second, you better watch yourself. You may have only sold her to me a few minutes ago, but I protect what is mine. That girl," he pointed at me, "is a Tiger. You," he put his finger to my father's chest, "don't touch her."

My dad walked out of the room without a word. Jay walked up behind me. The Tiger King gestured with his eyes for Jay to leave. Jay did so. Even he wouldn't argue with the Tiger King. The door closed. 

"Hello Emilia." The Tiger King smiled at me. 

"Hello Mr. King." I was cordial and polite, tears running down my cheeks. 

He took a few steps toward me, putting his hand lightly on my cheek. "Emmie..." I flinched away and I saw something flash in his eyes. Sadness.

"So you don't remember me, do you?" He pulled his hand away.

"I do, Tiger." I stepped back.

"Then why don't you act like it, Emilia?" He took a step forward. 

"It's Lucina." Another  step back.

"What is?" Step forward.

"My name is Lucina." Step back.

"No it isn't Emilia." Step forward.

"That isn't my name." Step back. 

"Emilia..." He stepped forward.

I took another step back, hitting the wall. "Lucina."

He took a step forward, only inches away. "Emilia."

I stared into his dark eyes, my heart racing. I couldn't read them. I  looked away. He put a finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him. He smiled. 

"This is gonna be fun, isn't it?" He stepped away, turning towards the door. "Get dressed. I'll have some of my guys pick up your stuff later. We leave in twenty minutes."

"Where?" I watched him open the door. 

"Your new home, Emilia." 

The door closed and I was alone. Emilia. The Tiger.