HayaHana: Resist

I'm forced to write this chapter only because I have a quota to achieve so this might be rushed. Don't worry as I will have to proofread this in the morning. I've noticed that the first two chapters are relatively short so I will have to make this one at least 1000 words or above.

Anyways, here you go!

________________________________________________________________________________

          The heat of the sun glazed down the town with shimmering intensity, frying whatever it contacts. Summer is only beginning yet the temperature is already this strong. Townsfolk scurry around, doing whatever it takes to cool them down. Fans, air conditioning or a trip to the beach. Although the town is far off from the seaside, so the latter is unavailable. 

The blazing heat rendered the town almost barren with everyone in their homes, cooling off. Thus, numerous streets are soundless, but you can hear vague footsteps from afar. Footsteps?

Hayabusa ran for the shrine in full speed. "It shouldn't be far from here." He mumbled, nearly panting.

The Miyazumi Shrine is a sacred and secured place where artifacts of both sects are guarded. Whether dangerous or beneficial, these artifacts upheld great power that can be either used for evil or good means. The two most dangerous artifacts are the Ame no Habakiri and the Urn of Hanzo. Because of the great power and evil these possess, they have been locked up in the beneath the earth for years.

"This heaviness in the air. It can't be. The seal should last for another 100 years!" He cursed. "The will of Hanzo must be too strong."

Sweat glistened from his forehead as he ran. He turned a couple of turns until he arrived at the shrine. Built atop a large mound, It stands tall with its four corners. Wall surrounded the shrine with such immensity and demeanor. A moat pooled below, making infiltration a hassle. Though more like a heavily guarded garden, the shrine still showed the peace and beautiful scenery it provides. Visitors may be fool by the surface terrain as the artifacts are guarded deep below. Numerous guards making strict measures to ensure the welfare of the artifacts.

"Halt!" A guard shouted at a panting Hayabusa. "State your business."

"C... CODE 3347, S... Shadow." Haya replied through pants. The guard squinted at this and shouted to the other guards.

"Not a visitor! It's the Shadow." He turned back to Haya. "I presume you're here to look at the artifacts?"

"Yes, it's an emergency!"

The guard looked at him, puzzled. "What's the matter?"

Hayabusa was in shock. "Don't you all feel it? The essence of Ha-" Haya stopped. The feeling. The presence. The heaviness. It's all gone. Something is not right. 

"Is this about a dark presence in the air?" The guard asked. Haya perked up, nodding. "We sensed that not too long ago. We sent a fellow guard to check on the artifacts. As usual, there is nothing wrong, but the guard reported a small crack on the Urn of Hanzo." 

"I need to check it personally! Can you let me in?" Haya insisted. 

"Of course. Come with me." The guard gestured.

________________________________________________________________________________

Loud metallic clanking can be heard as the elevator descended down. Hayabusa winced at the sound.

"We're very sorry about the sound, but it was a good decision." He apologized.

"Why is that? This whole place is made out of metal!" Hayabusa asked. He looked around the shafts. Countless indents in the walls are made to secure the commodities. The place, as a whole, is almost like a labyrinth of metal.

"The good that comes to this is we are protected from the Ame no Habakiri." The guard told Haya. "As you know the sword consumes flesh, blood and the likes, but it can't do well with metal." 

Hayabusa nodded at the information. This place is hardcore.

Seconds later, the elevator came to a stop.

"We are here." the guard said, pressing a button to open the door. "Behold, Ame no Habakiri and the Urn of Hanzo."

Haya looked at the two artifacts being guarded by four elite ninjas. They bowed at his presence. Hayabusa bowed down as well. He stared at what they are guarding.

Ame no Habakiri was strapped to the wall by a metallic belt. Still, the sword glowed malevolently. The Urn of Hanzo is beside it. Hayabusa walked closer to it, a seal tag in his hand. Upon closer inspection, the guard was right. The was a tiny crack that might result in a gash. Haya covered the crack with the tag. "Ninjutsu: Shadow Sealing!"

The seal tag glowed a steady blue, the guards watching in awe. A bluish-white glow covered the urn before returning to the tag, making a small crackling sound similar to the sound of thunder.

"It's sealed. It should keep it from cracking itself from Hanzo's energy. Be warned though, it will break under external physical contact." He said. The guards nodded. 

The guard who guided him down accompanied him to the elevator.

"Then what is the surge of energy a while ago?" He asked.

"I don't know." Hayabusa answered.

________________________________________________________________________________

 "Who was that girl?" Hanabi questioned to no one in particular. Moments ago, she saw a silver-haired girl glancing at her window. Any other person wouldn't care, but something about that girl struck her.

"Why does she have blood-red eyes?"

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm still going to revise this so this isn't the final output.

So yeah. Nighty!