~ 18: A Gift. ~

(Y/N) stood in Kentaro's arms, silently mumbling to herself. "Please don't be him... Please don't be him..." If someone had walked up to see the little predicament they're in, anyone would get the wrong idea. Jyugo was one of them. 

"I asked, what you're doing." Jyugo repeated, clenching the object he held in his hand.

"Oh, hey bro!" Kentaro greeted him with a warm, carefree smile. He hadn't removed his arm from around her despite his twin's presence; in fact it only got tighter. "Ken! Let me go before he gets the wrong idea!" She cooed, pushing his chest. 

"I've already gotten the wrong idea." Jyugo spoke honestly, glaring towards his sibling in mild disdain; soon to eclipse his glare with his soft, kind red eyes, which drifted landed upon a lovely girl.

He eyed (Y/N) for an contemplative minute, before looking at his brother with a scowl. "Let go of her, it's clear that she doesn't want you being so intimate..." He suddenly continued.

Kentaro forced a wide grin, and peered at (Y/N) with his contorted smug. "But she likes it, right (N/N)?" He nudged the girl, earning a sigh out of discomfort from her.

He went from constantly not the female to pinching her squishy delicate cheek. His grin was full of amusement, she was all too fun to fool around with.

"Ken! That's enough, let go! That hurts!" Her moaning and pouting was ignored the minute Kentaro eyed his brother's hand. He was holding something tight, as his curiosity began to run wild.

"Hey, what'cha got there, hm? Is it a--"

Before he could finish his guess, Jyugo cut him off, moving his hand behind his back. "It's nothing. Nothing you two should be concerned with. It was a gift for someone."

(Y/N) froze; her squirming and whimpering suddenly stopped, and so Kentaro glanced down at the girl he held hostage.

"Was it for her?" He asked, revealing her facial features. 'Of course it isn't...' She thought, averting her saddened gaze. Him and his brother exchanged hateful gazes. This proceeded until Kentaro, turned on his heel patted (Y/N)'s head.

"I'm guessing that silence was a no. I'm gonna head off now, so I'll leave you two lov- you two alone. Text me if you need anything." There was no telling what he was thinking—There was no telling what either of them were thinking. But more importantly, (Y/N) didn't want to be left alone engulfed in awkwardness.

She launched her hand at his sleeve, stopped the male from continuing. "W-Wait! Take me with you! I don't... Think leaving me with him right now is very smart. He seems upset..." Said the female shyly.

A chuckle slipped past his pink lips, jolting his arm back. "He's always like that. Catch you later, psycho." 'Psycho? Who's a psycho? I'm in love with him... but I wouldn't call myself a psycho...' Whew, it's good that was stated in her head. 

After all that ended, (Y/N) hesitated to turn around, but felt obligated to. "So... Jyu, listen I-" 

 She squealed in fright. Though it was only for a split second, she felt creeped out; there was a sinister aura emitting from him. 

 "Why are you so close...?" She questioned, putting some distance between them with a single step back.  Jyugo smiled, holding out his hand. It was a little koala with keys stuck to it. 

"I wanted to let you know I broke up with her, and I was about to give you this to apologize." Her features lit up more than words could explain, still, she was thrown off by his phony smile. 

 "Oh, thanks I guess... Why'd you break up with her by the way? Did I ruin anything?" (Y/N) generously took the item from his clutches, observing the present gifted to her. 

 "Yes, you did." He admitted coldly, leaning in. Unprepared for those words, she gasped, handing back the key. "Oh, sorry! Then you should tak--" He shook his head with a click of his teeth, cupping her cheeks. His grip was firm, and he seemed sort of agitated. "But I never loved her anyway, she was sort of like a plaything. Do you like me?" He was so straight forward and blunt... did he actually feel the same way?

"I... uh... I guess? Sorta, ya..." She couldn't turn away or avert her gaze. It was as if his eye chained her down, retaining her. The intensity was soon replaced with a more calming, warm ambience.

"Good! Now let me take you home. I'd like to see your mother again, she's quite a sight." Jyugo's compliment was sort of uncalled for, and not something anyone would expect. 

"Like calling my mom attractive isn't weird at all..." The female whispered, beginning to trail off ahead. "You have a fair point..." Before the couple made it to (Y/N)'s place, Jyugo stopped by his small apartment, unlocking the front door. 

"About the key you gave me... is it to unlock your apartment?" (Y/N) asked, following him inside. But before she could get no further than the hall, Jyugo stopped her, gesturing for her not to continue. "No, and don't come in."

"Why?" The curious girl questioned, taking a peek into the darkened hall. "Because it's a mess, Ken still hasn't cleaned up. And no, those are not the keys to my place." The brunette adjusted himself; moving to the side and tilting his head to block her from gazing into his home any further. 

"I could always clean and help out around the place! It's no biggie! It's a girl's duty after a--"

"You're not coming inside... not now. Anyway, let me grab this bag real quick for Ken. He texted me he needed it so just wait here." Noticing the look of disappointment and useless plastered on her face, Jyugo pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek, attempting to restrain himself from smirking. 

"I'll let you clean up our place some other day. Be right back." He said after she'd look down, closing the door behind him. 'He isn't... hiding anything from me, is he? Is there another girl in there or something?' 

(Y/N) scoffed after that thought, but decided to brush it off. "Hmph. And if this key isn't for his apartment, then what is it for...?" Her question was soon to be answered by the tall male walking out his run down place. 

"It's for a place I'm taking you one day. Just the two of us." He said, launching a black bag around his shoulder. (Y/N) blushed, taking some strands of her hair between her fingers to twirl and loop it around her index finger. "Oh, really? We should go soon!"

"The sooner the better." He finally replied, patting her head. "Now, let's go."