3 MOVING ON

Now granted I was not old enough just yet to be kissing girls all the time but I did start talking to other girls and holding their hands.  I know Shelly would see me and she always made a face and would glare at the girls I was with when she thought I couldn't see.  I hated holding these other girls hands, but I needed to let Shelly go in my heart because she belonged to Lee I couldn't steal my little brother's girlfriend or crush whatever she was to him.  I would watch them still and see her whispering in Lee's ear while looking at me and then he would look up, and they would both laugh.  

I still had my alone time with Shelly whenever I would work with her on her conditioning.  I hate to admit it, but one time one of my little friends that was a girl I never called them girlfriends I would just hold their hands and I didn't care who they were.  I always hoped I would find one that would make me forget about my Shelly.  Any way came over where we were working out and pushed my Shelly down all Shelly did was smile really big jump up and when the girl turned around before I could tell her to go Shelly kicked her soccer ball hitting her square in the back of the head. The little girl screamed and started crying asking me to yell at her.  I just smirked and walked away.  I think that was my first smirk I ever did.

It didn't take long before I noticed guys wanting to hold Shelly's hand she never really let them, but she would walk with Lee while he had his arm around her shoulders her arm around his waist and him holding his girlfriend's hand.  I never understood what was going on until one day one girl looked at Shelly and told her to stay away from her boyfriend.  Shelly looked at her "too bad he is my twin.  You can't make me stay away."  When Lee came out, the girl looked at him and told him to choose.  He looked at her and Shelly who looked like she was about to cry and said: "I choose my twin."  The girl looked at him, "but I am your girlfriend."  "Yeah, but she is my best friend and twin."  The girl stormed off and called Shelly a boyfriend stealer.  I never realized that Shelly was starting to notice guys too until I heard her talking to Lee.  

Shelly:  Lee do you think I should let Tom be my boyfriend. He asked me to let him hold my hand.

Lee:  Only if you like him, Shelly.  You don't want to be holding different boys hands all the time people will say ugly things about you.

Shelly:  So, you think I should have a boyfriend.

Lee:  Yes a lot of guys like you.  Plus maybe then my girlfriend will know we are just twins.

Shelly:  What if I like someone else?

Lee:  Well then you shouldn't let him hold your hand only the guy you like.  Who do you like?

Shelly:  I don't want to say.

Lee:  Hey rule #3 Shelly

Shelly:  Why can't I have one?

Lee:  Because I tell you everything.  Did you know you're going to get boobies and that guys are going to want to play with and look at them all the time?  I heard one of the guys say that is all his big sister boyfriend does is play with her boobies.  

Shelly:  I don't want boobies.

Lee:  There is nothing you can do about it, Shelly.  So, who do you like?

Shelly:  Fine but remember rule #2

Lee:  OK

I watched her look around and lean in and whisper into Lee's ear.  He glared at her and stormed off upstairs.  I watched her running after him "LeeLee you promised you wouldn't be mad.  Please don't be mad at me.  I can't help if I like him."  He turned and glared at her "no not him.  You're not allowed.  We need a new rule."  They went into their room, and afterward, I saw Shelly walk up to my mom ask her something before my mom called out "come on boys, we're going to get ice cream."  After getting to the ice cream parlor, Shelly walked up and asked for a single scoop of chocolate and a single scoop of strawberry which she paid for and handed Lee his ice cream while my mom bought us our ice cream."  Lee hugged her "ok you're forgiven but no more remember rule #9."  I freaked I only knew of three Rule number one was only they could know each other's birthday wishes.  Rule number two never tell each other's secrets.  Rule number three no keeping secrets from each other unless it's a surprise like presents.  Now they have nine.

I found out later there were actually eighteen rules.  When I realized that not only have boys noticed her but she is noticing boys I made sure to tell everyone of the boys she was off limits or else.  I had already built up quite the reputation with the boys when it came to me punishing them for making me mad.  I knew I would win and all the boys would stay away from my Shelly.