12 SHE'S MINE

She looked down at me "Noah please you know I can't."  "Why not Shelly give me one good reason why we can't go to prom together.  Better yet give me one good reason why we can't be together."  "No, one wants us to be together."  "That is not a good reason."  "Lee will hate this."  "What do you want Shelly?"  "I can't do this to Lee."  "I am not asking you what Lee wants I am asking you what you want.  Shelly, he is happy with Rachel you have the right to be happy too."  "I don't know."  "Shelly please stop thinking about what other people want and follow what is in your heart and what you want.  For once put yourself before everyone else."  She looked down at me and took a deep breath "Everyone should be here soon in the limo."  "You can call them and tell them you already have a ride."  "You want me to lie to them."  "No, I want you to go with me to prom and if you tell them that is up to you.  I just want to be with you."  She looked around took a deep breath smile "yes, Noah I will go to prom with you."  I jumped up and pulled her into my arms spinning her around.  "Thank you."  I grinned sliding her corsage on her wrist as I heard Max walk back into the kitchen.  She smiled down at me "give me a moment."  She closed the door, and it wasn't long before she stepped out and linked her arm in mine.  We had just made it to the car when her phone went off, and she looked down saw a text answered it sliding into the car.

Once I ran around and climbed in she looked at me "I told Lee I didn't need to be picked up because I would feel uncomfortable surrounded by all the couples and would meet him at prom."  "If that is what you want Shelly, but we will need to tell him about us I am not about to lose you again you are my girl the only one I want in my life."  She smiled "No, I will tell him tonight I just don't want to tell him over the phone or in a text message."  "Ok."  I reached out and took her hand in mine and kissed the back of her hand.  I couldn't believe I finally have the girl of my dreams and I don't plan on ever letting her go no matter what life through's our way.

As we pull up to the hall, I see limo's horse-drawn carriages, and I can't believe people would waste money on a horse-drawn carriage the limo's I could understand but a carriage that was just a little too much for a high school prom.  As we pull up to the Valle, I see the limo that Shelly would have been riding in and point it out to her, so she knew that they had arrived.  She smiled, and as we got out I pulled on my mask, and she looked at me "you had a mask?"  "It is a masquerade ball."  "I didn't think you would have been coming to prom.  I only agreed to come because Lee wouldn't shut up about it being our junior prom."  "Well, since I knew you were coming I took a chance in you accepting my request."  "Really."  I smiled "yep, how do you think my tie and mask match your dress."  She finally really looks at me and blushes "how did you even know what color my dress was."  "I heard you mention it once and well I knew I had to match my girl."  

Leading her into the hall, we ended up getting separated because of a problem with the food.  Unfortunately by the time I found her Lee was leading her to his table and I was being pulled to another table.  We kept nodded and stayed with the tables we were pulled to and ate our dinner.  I noticed at the beginning of the desert that Lee and Shelly disappeared, so I went to look for them.  As I stepped outside the hall into the foryer, I heard them talking.  I could hear Shelly explain how I showed up to her house.  I took my chance and walked up to them, and when Lee noticed me, he let me have a piece of his mind.  He jumped down my throat about leaving her all alone to deal with him and his anger about us hiding being together.  I glared at him "I plan on doing this right this time.  I told her we couldn't keep it a secret this time.  As for me leaving her alone to deal with everything one I was giving her space to make up with you and two she wasn't returning my calls or texts."  Shelly looked at me and asked me to give them a minute, so I walked away.  I could barely hear what they were saying, but eventually, I watched Lee hug her and smile "I just want you to be happy twin."  "I am happy Noah makes me happy."  "Ok, if he is who you want I won't stand in your way."  She squealed and hugged him tight "thank you, Lee."  I walked over to them, and he glared at me "hurt my twin, and I never will forgive you."  He walked away leaving me alone with my Shelly.  I looked around and pulled her into an alcove behind a potted plant and kissed her.  I have been wanting to kiss her all night and let's say it was worth the wait.

After going back in for dessert, I didn't want to leave her side holding her close while we sat with her friends.  I heard Rachel ask Lee "you ok with them being together?"  He looked at us smiled "yes, as long as they are happy.  I was upset that they kept it from me.  I thought Noah was using her but obviously not."  The girls at the table dragged Shelly off, and I took my chance to talk to the band and had them play I swear by John Micheal Montgomery.  Grabbing the mic "Where is Rochelle Elizabeth Evans?"  The crowd parted, and all eyes fell on my Shelly.  Asking for a spot light, I started "Hey everyone as you know I am Flynn or Noah to my Shelly.  I screwd up with my sweet Shelly, and I promised I was going to make it up to her no matter what.  Not only to her but her best friend/twin my little brother Lee.  Shelly baby I love you, and I will spend the rest of our lives proving to you how much I love to you."  I had started walking to her in the middle of my speech, so I was right in front of her when I said I love you.  "Shelly baby will you be my girlfriend?"  She blushed took a deep breath...