Safe (Jungkook)

I froze in my spot, shaking with my eyes shut tight, waiting for the worst, but what I got was not what I expected. I waited for the screams and violence, but none came. Instead, a pair of long, secure warm arms hesitantly wrapped me in a comforting cocoon. The unknown person takes their time moving their body closer to mine, embracing me tighter. I feel a thumb rubbing against my shoulder and that's when I lose it. Tears streamed down my cheeks like a waterfall. I used my fists to ball up sections of the person's shirt, not afraid anymore to finally let out the suppressed choked sobs. The hand on my shoulder moves up to my head and fingers run through my oily hair. The older boy who I can now recognize whispers sweet nothings in my left ear. A long time passes and I'm finally able to muster up the courage in me to look at the stranger.

I use a few minutes to fully take in what I can: his thin brown and neatly parted hair, his flawless baby-like tan skin, his heart-shaped lips, and finally his deep orbs that gaze down at me. He realizes that we made eye contact and gave me the world's biggest grin, practically blinding me. I couldn't help but give him a small, yet genuine smile back. After a minute of just smiling, I nuzzle my face back into the crook of his neck, taking in the intoxicating scent of his cologne. A warm current of feelings enters my body. I don't know what it is, but with him, I feel safe. Loved. Like I maybe do have a purpose here on this earth.

Finally, I calm down. The tears have stopped. No more shaky breaths or trembling. Just sitting in silence. It takes me a while to realize what I'm doing. What is this place? Who is the stranger hugging me? Why am I here? Where is he? What is going to happen to me? Suffocating questions flood my head, prohibiting me from thinking properly. I snap to my senses and yank myself away from the stranger. He looks familiar, but I know I can't trust him. Suddenly, fear hits me again. What if he works for him? As I snuggle myself up in the thin white sheets on the creaking mattress, I notice the look of hurt in his eyes. I don't know why, but a pang of guilt hit my chest right then. I guess it's unreasonable to judge him immediately... so I guess I'll ask.

"W-who a-are you..?" After I muster up enough courage and quietly mumble the question, silence overcomes the two of us again. His hurt look has changed into a more accepting yet depressed one, so I try again.

"E-excuse m-me?" I try a little bit louder this time. Knowing that he probably won't turn out like him made me a bit more confident. The expressions of shock and excitement on the stranger's face weren't subtle. I crack a small smile, and with that, his eyes light up again. His eyes shone brighter than all the stars in the universe. I gaze in admiration but realize it was a bit rude so I coughed and averted my eyes.

"What's up?" His happy demeanor didn't change at all. His positive reaction actually caught me completely off guard, causing me to choke on my own saliva and cough profusely. His bright smile immediately changed to a look of worry. I've definitely seen this face before... but where? My coughs die down as I try to remember who he is and when I saw him last, but that only gave me a headache so I gave up.

"W-who are you? A-and w-where are we?" He looks at me in a clueless manner and then realization hits him. It was a little amusing seeing him have a mental battle for god knows what reason. He finally turns to me and opens his mouth.

"Uhhhh you don't know me, but I'm Jung Hoseok. You can call me Hobi though... that's what my friends call me. I'm 20 years old and we're in Seoul Hospital. I live with my five of my friends in a big apartment complex about an hour away from here. It's probably confusing seeing me of all people here because we've never been formally introduced to each other, but I was the one who called the paramedics when....." His voice trails off all of a sudden. He eyes the bandages wrapped around my forearms and calves. He looks away, almost as if he was at fault for something and felt guilty for it. I do understand what he was referring to though, so I just nod and move on, gaining more confidence in myself to continue.

"How long has it been since then?" I ask, hoping it hasn't been long so I can go home quickly. I mean it isn't far from here, so I could just rip off this equipment and run. Don't get me wrong though. The only reason I voluntarily want to go back to that hell hole as soon as possible is that he'd find me and drag me back home if I don't come on my own. I don't even want to think about how that would end up.

"About... two weeks. You know..." At the moment, I'm completely aware that this guy is still talking, and he's probably saying something important, but I don't hear it. Instead, I hear a harsh, high-pitched ringing in my ears. What if he finds me? What would happen to me? More importantly, what would happen to the six people who had come to see me? What about the doctors and nurses? Uncle shows no mercy. If anyone were to come in his path, he will gladly go as far as killing them to get them out of the way. Thinking about this makes my vision go black around the corners.

Suddenly the air is thinner, making it harder to breathe. I can hear a faint voice calling out to me, but I'm unable to respond. The white room disappears as I'm now trapped in a world of nothingness again. But, this time, someone's there to snap me out of it. I feel the stranger- I mean Hoseok hyung- shake my shoulders frantically. I look up from my hands, only to see worry plastered yet again on his breathtakingly gorgeous face. His expression changes to an understanding one, which confuses me. He tells me next time 'the psycho from earlier' won't get to me. A wave of relief washes over me. Somehow, for some reason, I trust this person.

After calming down, I look away from his dark ebony eyes. Where do I go next? What does he mean by next time? Just then, Hoseok hyung clears his throat, implying that he wants to say something. "Jinnie hyung, the mother figure out the group, said that you can stay with us in Taehyung's room since he doesn't have a roommate. He's a little.... energetic at times, but I hope that won't bother you." Oh no that means he wants to take care of me? I don't think that's a good idea.. I'll only be a burden. "Also listen," Hoseok hyung says, snapping me back into reality once again "...you are not a burden. Stop saying you are! You're not and in fact, all of us would love to have you in our home!" But..... "ah aH AH no buts, mister!" I sigh. Is he a mind reader or something? "Also, no, I'm not a mind reader. You're just thinking out loud." With that statement, I can feel my cheeks progressively getting warmer as the mind reading hyung laughs a bit more.

A couple of knocks interrupt our awkward situation. Well, it was awkward for me. This tall man with broad shoulders rushes in with 4 people filing quickly behind him. They all share the same sympathetic expression. Sensing the uneasiness in the room, I turn to them and flash the biggest smile I can. The 6 of them made cooing noises, making me blush again, causing the rest of them to laugh. Soon, I join them. Maybe staying with them won't be so bad after all.

A/N: I'm really really reaaaaaaaally sorry about the long ass delay.. I had major writer's block AND with all of the shit that went down at school (personal drama) I couldn't find a time to update. ANYWHO, hERE U GO!!