Dreaming (Hoseok)

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER (LESS THAN 500 WORDS)

"Don't lie to me." These four words combined made up the last sentence I snapped at Jungkook before he stopped responding to me. I really didn't have any mal intentions. I just got frustrated at him for lying to me, constantly repeating that he was 'ok' similarly to a broken record when I knew he wasn't. Just like everyone else on this planet, I broke and finally let out my anger at him. However, as soon that horrid sentence exited my mouth, I immediately regretted ever opening it, let alone making the comment in the first place.

The once trembling younger just stopped. What do I mean exactly? His movements just ceased. Like, nothing happened. At all. His chest that once was heaving up and down due to nervousness or god-knows-what just froze still. His pupils dilated and his once white knuckles released the sheets underneath us. Panic rose up in my body. I tapped his shoulder twice, but he wouldn't move. I then proceeded to frantically wave my hands in front of his face, softly calling out his name, worried. I shook him a few times, but he still stubbornly refused to respond.

Gratefully I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding when I feel a pulse. I carefully study his face for any signs of malnourishment but to no avail. However, his steadily reddening eyes catch my attention within a split second. Not knowing what to do, I rush to the bathroom to fill up a glass of water. I run back to the bed and throw the water on his face.

Finally, I notice him blink a few times and use the opportunity to tackle him in a tight and loving embrace. I notice his body stiffen but I completely ignore the feeling and bury my face deep into the crook of his ivory neck, absorbing his faint yet unique scent. I let my slender fingers sail to the back of his head,  running them through his hair while cradling the back of his neck with my palm. He lets out a shaky exhale and hesitantly returns the hug. I flip us over on the bed so he's on top of me and cuddle him while whispering sweet nothings in his ear over and over until he calms down.

My left hand continues its motion through Jungkook's hair as my right arm rests peacefully draped over his torso. We stay in this position for about 15 minutes, simply enjoying each other's company before I silently nudge him, indicating that I want to get up. However, he remains unresponsive. I crane my head to peer at his face, praying that he isn't recessing into another panic attack. I'm proved wrong as a wide smile appears on my face, recognizing the boy's peaceful unconscious face. He's finally dreaming.

:)