Kakashi x Reader ch.16

(N/N) = favorite nickname you want kakashi to call you

/time skip few month's/

I stood there shocked, in disbelief, it had to be a dream...it just had to be "y....you can't be serious.....right?" my own words echoing in my head, I sounded out of breath "w-why can't another ninja take this mission?...i need to watch over the boy's, I have someone to expect me home every day, nonetheless a pet to feed and love. i-i-i can't take this, what will kakashi think of this?!" I say, trying my best to find a way to refuse this. the hokage intertwined his hands together and rested his head on top of them, he didn't look to pleased by this either, but he still gave off his strict demeanor "i'm sorry (Y/N), but you must take this mission- it is of the fate of the leaf village on this whole mission, and you are the strongest jounin i know, the only one who can wield any weapon and use all chakra natures" he informed me, i picked up the scroll and read it for what could be the hundredth time

mission: S rank

details: must go to the akatsuki, only a person whom has already made acquaintances with them and is powerful enough to stand alive must go. they must do their best to postpone their actions of harming the leaf village or any other village if possible.

expected return: 2-3 years

.

.

.

.

....2 to  3 years....

I gently place the scroll in my side pouch, i felt the tears prick my eyes- i took a deep shaky breath before looking back up to the hokage "i....i'll go, j-just give me a few hours to prepare and say goodbye" i request, he nods "dismissed" he says, i leave the office wiping my tears away to stay strong and not show my weakness to the boys. as i walked down the streets of konoha i heard the familiar yelling i know and love "(Y/N) sensei!!" i turn and look to the blonde little fox boy i care for deeply "guess what guess what!" he said excitedly jumping up and down, i gave him a small soft smile "yes naruto?" i ask, he took a deep breath from being tired from the jumping before telling me "so pervy sage is going to take me out of village and train me! he said it was going to be as long at 2 or so years so i can gain strength and be strong!" he then hugs me "i just wanted to say goodbye, but don't tell anyone else, i already told sasuke" he says muffled into my torso on my jounin jacket "well maybe i'll see you during those years, i'm going to be leaving as well. i am going on a mission that'll be a very long and hard one" i explain softly, he looked up to me with star like eyes "so we'll both become strong!" he says, i giggle and nod. he soon runs off to possibly get his ichiraku ramen.

/time skip/

After telling sasuke, i could see the broken emotions in his eyes, both of the people he loves are going to be going away for a long time- but he stayed strong and explained how he'll train hard to surpass naruto over the years and miss me everyday.

next...was kakashi, oh geez, this is going to be hard- for the both of us.

I walk up to his door and knock lightly, i hear light shuffling before the door opens, kakashi gives me a heartwarming closed-eye smile "ah (Y/N), i didn't expect for you to come over. how is my lovely (N/N) doing?" he asked, he noticed my timid actions and nervousness, but most of all sadness. he gently placed a hand on my shoulder "hey, are you okay? what happened?" he asked softly and full of concern "i uh, g-got a mission.....a...very long and dangerous one" i say, he looks at me to continue "it said..that it could take...2 to 3 years to complete" i finally finish, he let out a shaky breath as i did "i see, this won't change anything will it? with us?" he asked, i looked up at him shocked, i shook my head "no no! of course not! i won't ever change anything we have together! i will think about you everyday i am on that mission!" i say, the last thing making me blush "that...was cheesy" i comment, he chuckles half heartedly and pulls me in for a hug "that is good to hear...just be safe, okay? I can't lose you like i did with them" he says concerningly, i nod "i will, i love you kakashi" ", i love you too (Y/N)" he responds.

(hey...heheh, sorry i took so long....)