Part 9: No Longer Missing

It's the day of the baby shower & Aysia was at the venue getting last minute decorations up and making sure things were perfect cause it had her name on it. She starts to make calls to get people flowing in before mommy and daddy to be showed up. Kordell and Jerome came in just as Aysia was about to walk out to her car to gather gifts.
  "Aye babe, some shit might pop off today if your parents are going to be here. Look, Mia just might be your sister & she's coming back for what she think is hers. While your parents were putting their money into making a batter life for themselves & future children, Mia was born in the middle of that & was given up for adoption. She's coming back to kill..keep your parents away from her at all times." Just as Kordell was telling her information, her parents walk in with Mia wrapped around their arms.
  "Hey baby girl, his young lady needs a seat." Aysia's father stated. She looked at them with a slightly nervous smile as she leads them inside so that Mia could have a seat. At this point things were bound to go left and never get back right. Aysia sends Kordell out to her car to grab the gifts while she kept her parents occupied so Mia didn't have a chance to drop the bomb on them.
  "Hey dad, could you help the guys bring in the last of the stuff for Mia, please don't pop the balloons. Thanks." She kisses his cheek and sends him on his way. Her mom had already found her place in the kitchen with other women her age. Aysia then hears Mia clear her throat. "Hm, funny how your parents look so much like my biological parents, little sister." She stands up and makes her way over to Aysia, gripping her wrist tightly. "I know who you are & I'm sure you've figured out who I am. Your life is supposed to be mine & I will get it, spoiled little bitch." Aysia turns to look Mia in the face. "You could've had this life you would've approached me like a normal person but you decided to be sneaky & shady about it & your life is still shit. If you think you're going to come in here and tear this family apart.. you've got another thing coming." She steps on Mia's toes with her heel. "Now, back the fuck down or I'll set it off in the muthafucka" Aysia pushes past Mia and gets the projector together so that it would be displaying photos & videos as people walked in.
    It's 30mins until the baby shower starts & people are pouring in, the mood was set, conversations & laughter were in the air just as Aysia planned. Hopefully things stayed that way & Mia keeps her pathetic mouth shut. Kordell noticed his girls frustration & led her out to his truck. "Baby, you need to lighten up, if I can notice your frustration from across the room I'm sure those standing next to you can feel the heat." He opens the back door and lifts her up to sit her down as he climbs in on top her, closing the door behind them. He softly kisses her lips as his hands are busy pushing her panties to the side from up under her skirt & getting his hard rod out of his jeans before gently pushing inside her. "This all you get for now until we get home, your attitude is gonna get you into some trouble." Before he could say anything else Aysia pulled his head down and parted his lips with her tongue & their tongues danced together as Kordell sped up his stroking. Aysia came faster than normal & that's how he knew she needed a good pound down. He came shortly after her & grabbed a wet wipe from the front seat to clean themselves and their mess up out of the seat.
    Aysia winked as she climbed out of his truck and he followed her, grabbing her hand with a firm grip. Kordell fiddled with something in his back pocket taking a deep breath as he makes way back into the gathering. Most of the people there consisted of Aysia's family & friends, Kordells and very little of Tyler's but they loved giving and making anyone's day special so there wasn't any awkwardness in the air. It seemed like a family reunion or as if they were there for Aysia, even Mia seemed happy and impressed with how everything was going but by the glance she shot at Aysia that could cut through steel rods she knew shit was still bound to unfold. Tyler & a few family friends got hip to speak then Aysia took the mic and gave a short and sweet message to the new parents.
  "Though Tyler & I didn't work out I still wish the best for him Mia while bringing two innocent lives into the world. Children are a beautiful thing and they bring a light into your life that others just can't do. You guys will make great parents and I can't wait to be and aunt..." Aysia looks over at her parents and just as she was about to put the mic down, Kordell grabbed it and looked at Aysia. "I uh just wanted to say I'm so proud of you for pulling this off, your heart is kind and you don't let negative situations stop you from being a giving person. Uh, I'm wishing the best of luck to the parents but before we get back to this celebration I want to let you know Aysia just how much I love you, you're my backbone, my motivation and strength to keep pushing through life. Your my middle school sweetheart and I'm here to ask you one thing." He drops to his knee and pops open a ring box. "Aysia, I asked your father for your hand in marriage and he let me know he had given me that when we were in high school but I had to work on myself but I'm asking you here today to marry me." Aysia starts to cry as she takes the mic from his hand & softly replies, "yes, I'll marry you". Kordell slid the ring onto her finger and picked her up off her feet. "SHE SAID YES!!" All of Kordell's & Aysia's friends and family including Mia join around them for a group hug.
    Once the party was over, Mia, Kordell, Tyler, Aysia and Jerome stayed to clean up. In that moment everyone was at peace and differences were put aside up until Aysia's parents showed back and asked to speak with Aysia outside.
   "I thought y'all were gone, what's up?" She dusted the glitter off her pants as she stood amongst them. "Uh baby girl, we caught what you said earlier about being an aunt and it's true but Mia isn't supposed to be here. Even after we confess putting her up for adoption & keeping it a secret, she will get what came for and that's to be apart of the will. Before her adoptive parents died they told everything Mia had planned out. Once Mia found out they were communicating with his she took them out & found her way to us." Aysia's father took a deep breath. "Keep her close, get on her good side if you can & stay there until we can get rid of her .. " Aysia smiles and hugs them to make seem like it was a conversation about the engagement cause she was sure Mia was watching the whole time. She walks back inside to finish cleaning so she could head home. "Tonight was great, huh?" She asked.
  "Yea, I really enjoyed myself with OUR parents today.. Aysia." Mia grabs the last of her gifts and heads out to go home. Aysia didn't bother to cause an argument, she got the trash taken out and grabbed her belongings, as she kissed Kordell and told him to be safe cause he was heading out with Jerome. "I'll see you when I ge-" Kordell was cut off but the sound of gun shots rounding off right outside the venue. Aysia sprints outside to see if anyone was hurt, her heart was racing and her mind was roaming. She looked around to see if anyone had been hit and that's when she spots her mom and Mia leaning over her father but in the distance there was someone running from the scene.
   Jerome and Kordell took flight after them as Aysia called the cops while trying to stay calm for her mom. She looks at Mia & catches a grin appear across her face.
   "You bitch..." Aysia mumbled.