CHAPTER 14: She's here

Location: Waterfall
Time: Unknown

I can't believe they're all that stupid.

I grinned, my wide smile brought out the insanity in my eyes. My normal, dusty attire was now bloodstained from my adventures earlier this morning. I would have to wash my clothes, unfortunately. "If only you could wash 'em for me." I chuckled darkly, shoving my skeletal hands into my jacket pockets. "You know I lazy I can get." I grinned.

They just all fell for it. They were all so vulnerable. They were so frightened, so scared.

I loved ripping them apart! Spewing their crimson blood all over the ground! Oh the rush! The adrenaline rush I got when that first scream was heard and how they remained conscious after the first two stab wounds!

"YOU DON'T GET LAZY WITH YOUR VICTIMS, THATS FOR SURE." Papyrus rolled his eyes, "MAYBE YOU COULD PUT IN THE SAME ENTHUSIASM INTO CLEANING AS YOU DO KILLING." He said, crazed. His loud voice echoed through the waterfalled area, his voice was high pitched and giggly. "SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD DO IT MYSELF." He grinned.

"It's not as thrilling." I grinned, walking through the depths of waterfall. "Cleaning-wise." The desolate place was strangely silent, and the flowers consisted of one person talking. "I like to hear them beg for their lives." I grinned. "I like to hear them scream." I smiled widely, chuckling. "I'm just itching for more fun after those humans."

"IT WAS FUN TO HEAR THEIR SCREAMS OF PAIN." Papyrus grinned, as I sat down and dangled my legs over the oblivion as I was about to pass it. It was at the end of the waterfall, if everything were to just end here, my hard work would have failed. "IT MAKES ME WANT MORE." He cackled. "I NEED MORE. WE NEED MORE LOVE." He laughed mechanically. I grinned once more, my crazed mind was going madly. I needed to show them more LOVE. I needed to give them the mercy that they needed when I had their lives at the end of my fingertips. It's all for them. They don't deserve to live. "AREN'T YOU BEING A BIT CONTRADICTING?" Papyrus looked over at me, circling around to my left shoulder. "IS IT MERCY? OR IS IT SUFFERING?"

"It's better to be killed by me than it is THEM. You don't want to be killed by THEM, do you, Papyrus?"

"I'd never!" I grinned. "I'm being perfectly reasonable!" I frowned. "It's you who's being contradicting!" I yelled, feeling the hood that rested on my head and grabbing it sharply. My eye flared the new color of determined magic, purple. The mixture of determination and patience. "I'm not contradicting!" I yelled, grabbing my skull in pain.

The memories! The MEMORIES. GO AWAY! You've..—I was past this. Go away! I don't want my sanity BACK!

"Did I save them? Did I provide them peace? Did I provide them misery?" I tried to ask myself, only hearing the echo flowers repeating the last real word I said. Contradicting. I'm not contradicting!

"SANS. YOU'RE GETTING UPSET." Papyrus out his hand on my shoulder as I started to hyperventilate. "CALM DOWN. YOU'LL BE OKAY. I'M HERE." Papyrus said with a grin. "LOOK AT YOU REFLECTION IN THE KNIFE AND IN THE WATER. YOU ARE ... MY BROTHER." He said. "I WON'T BRING IT UP AGAIN." He urged, my breathing died down as he tried to talk to me.

"I'll always believe in you!"

"Right." I grinned, looking down and into the water. Papyrus soon became a prominent reflection in the water, waving at me. "You're right." I grinned even more, it didn't seem like it was possible for me to grin this much. "You always were right." I smiled, gripping my small, bloodied knife in my hands firmly. "You always are right." I corrected myself, my insanity grew.

"We should get back home." I said, looming over the giant abyss of the waterfall. "I need to take my medication." I said, in a wavering tone. "And clean the house." I frowned, kicking my legs, silently hoping my slippers wouldn't fall down into the no return. "Can't you just clean it for me?" I asked Papyrus.

The echo flowers didn't respond. "I CANNOT. YOU MUST, BROTHER!" He yelled. "AND I WISH THE ECHO FLOWERS WOULD HEAR MY VOICE. MAYBE I'M TOO SOFT?" He grinned. "MAYBE WE SHOULD DRAG A HUAMN DOWN HERE AND MURDER THEM OVER THE FLOWERS!" He inhaled. "OH THE SCREAMS WOULD LAST FOR DAYS!" He said, with a grin.

"That's a good idea, Pap." I smiled. "We'll get one of those patrol officers from outside the mountain. I shattered the barrier anyways." I smiled mechanically. "For now though..." I trailed off, Lingering in the echoes of my own conversation.

"TAKE YOUR MEDICATION." Papyrus said sternly. "AND YOU NEED TO CLEAN THE HOUSE! THERE IS DUST EVERYWHERE!" He grinned.

Suddenly, he frowned, as did I. The hitch of my own breathing was loud and uncomfortable, and I had to grab my soul for a split second there. I jumped up from my sitting position and turned my head sharply towards the direction of Snowdin and the Ruins. I narrowed my eyes and squinted in the direction, only to see nothing. Papyrus backed up, his floating figure felt the presence I had just felt in that very moment.

No. I couldn't have gotten her attention THAT quickly. Unless she already has enough LOVE to fight me. Humans ARE pretty vulnerable. They are WEAK.

I brought out my greatest possession. My greatest accomplishment at this very moment. I looked down where the word RESET lied, and read it over and over again, smiling at the irony of the situation. It's funny how much the old me would want a RESET with Papyrus gone. With everyone gone.

"NOT EVERYONE." He grinned. I grinned too, smiling widely.

Papyrus is still here! He's right here!

I looked up, grinning, feeling the tug on the RESET button and the SAVE button. Another person— no. Another thing was here. Something that had so much determination, it would cause the RESET button to want to shift out of my firm grasp. I held onto it with my fierce amount of determination, and a crazed grin along my face.

I knew she would come, but I didn't think I'd grab her attention THAT fast. I grinned, thinking madly to myself. What will I do to her first?!

Will I torture her? Will I make her suffer? I should kill every last thing she loves to make sure she feels the same pain I experienced when she killed everything I loved.

"She's here." I cackled to Papyrus, running towards the ruin gates with full force. "And I'm going to make sure she knows what it feels like to feel PAIN."