[i don't know what's happening to me.]

jeon jungkook

"hi, jungkook." my friend, taehyung, glanced behind me and smiled.

"brought a dude, eh?" tae wiggled his eyebrow. my smile dropped instantly.

"shut up, we aren't dating or anything. what do you want, jimin?" i asked. his beautiful eyes wandered through the board. stop thinking about his eyes! his eyes aren't that beautiful...

i sighed quietly. who am i kidding? park jimin owns the most attractive and cute eyes in the entire world.

"um, gingerbread latte," jimin replied. i nodded and told tae his order. tae knew me well enough, so i decided to go find a seat while jimin pays. i shouldn't be looking for seats, i should be the one paying, yet here i am. then my phone rung.

mom: baby, r u home yet?

kook: no. hving coffee w/ frnds

i muted my phone, hoping not to let anything ruin a happy jimin.

jimin came down to sit opposite to me a few minutes later. i decided to break the silence. it was so awkward anyway.

"so do you have any siblings?" i asked him. he nodded.

"one stepbrother called kim namjoon. you?" he asked back to me. i smiled, i got the perfect answer.

"this is about you, not me. but no, i don't have any siblings," i replied. another small smiled crept up his face. oh my god, he looks so damn cute when he smiles.

"you're sounding like siri. but what do you wanna know about me?" jimin leaned back and dug his phone out of his pocket to put it on the table.

"um, everything." so he started.

his mom was a very sweet woman. she puts everyone before her. his dad, however, was a 24/7 drinker and constantly hits jimin. his mom never dared to stop his father simply because she was too scared of him. one night, when his dad was driving back home, he went into a car accident and died. jimin and his mom never went to the funeral. a few years later, his mom married another man who had a son called kim namjoon. they all moved to seoul so his stepfather could continue his work and jimin could go to a better high school.

now that i heard this, i feel like crap. my life was very straight-forward and pretty boring. jimin had to go through all those stuff and yet, i never felt pain or hatred from anyone nor to anyone. i was the youngest in my entire family so everyone just treats me like a baby. if i call that harsh, then i don't know what jimin's life would be.

"how about yours?" jimin asked. i didn't respond, i can't. i'd feel embarrassed if i told him about my life. too straightforward, too boring, too... lucky.

luckily, tae arrived with our drinks. i thanked him and started to drink my green tea latte. jimin, though, just sat there and stared into an empty space in front of me. then my phone rung. damn it.

"hi, mom."

"jeon jungkook! why aren't you returning to our messages?" i glanced at my home screen: 6 unread messages from dad and 24 from mom.

"um, i'm at a nearby café with a friend,"-- i looked at jimin's reaction: nothing, like usual --"i'll be back by 6:15," i said, my heart sinking a bit because jimin didn't react. wait, what?

"okay, honey. see you later!" my mom said and i hung up.

"do you need to go?" jimin asked. i saw the clock reading 5:30. half an hour with jimin left. i shook my head.

"so tell me your story." he said, finally taking a sip from his gingerbread latte.

"nah, mine's too dull," i shook my head.

"please..." he pleaded. i never knew park jimin has this side.

"okay, fine." so i told him my story.

my story was short, but jimin somehow finished his drink. either he's way too thirsty or he just needed something to distract himself from my boring story. after i finished, he sighed.

"if only i was that lucky." he muttered, even if i heard it. then jimin's phone rang.