여덟

[so please just don't leave me. you got the best of me.]
jeon jungkook

today is our one month anniversary, and i decided today is the day. it's the day for me to step out of the golden closet i've been hiding in for all these years. i brought jimin to a restaurant, walked the park for a bit, then i took him to my parent's house.

"j-jungkook, why are we going to your home?" jimin asked. i pecked his lips lightly.

"i'm going to tell them i'm gay." his beautiful doe eyes widened.

"no, kookie, no. t-there's some other way so we don't have to hide. p-please, kookie, please. i don't want you to get hurt..." he pleaded. hearing him plead like this almost made me change my mind. almost. i'm not gonna give up this easily, i told myself. so i opened the door, gladly seeing both my parents in the living room.

"kook! you came back. hello, jimin. i thought the project's over?" mom asked. she hugged both of us. god, i'm scared of her reaction right now. no, i told myself, don't chicken out now.

"mom, i, uh, actually have something to tell you and dad," i said, slowly building up my volume as well as thinking how to tell them. dad put down his newspaper and stood next to mom.

"uh, i've been dating jimin for a month already. i-i'm gay." dad's smile dropped as mom's smile tightened.

park jimin

i looked at jungkook in disbelief. he should have worded it more, make it sound like as if he didn't have any choice, make it sound like i forced him to fall in love with me, so i could take the responsibility instead of him.

"uh, ma'am--"

"no, you don't need to say anything, jimin. jungkook, follow me." mrs jeon glared at me and gestured jungkook to follow her. i looked at jungkook, but he's already following his mom. shit, what did i do? mr jeon clasped his hand on my shoulder. 

"sorry, son. my wife... she's very against LGBT, which i find outrageous. i support LGBT with all my heart, and i'm glad my son fell in love with such an amazing boy like you. don't let my wife ruin your relationship with my son." he sent me a sad smile identical to jungkook's one.

"sir?" i called out as he turned around. he turned back, facing me.

"if you don't agree with mrs jeon's ways, why did you marry her?" i asked, but right after i asked, i felt stupid. mr jeon sighed.

"it was a forced marriage. my parents forced me to marry that monster to make me forget my boyfriend." just right after mr jeon answered, a chilling scream echoed around the jeon property. mr jeon immediately went to check on his son while i just stood there, realising one thing:

loving me is a curse because everyone who loved me ends up suffering. all because they loved me.

jeon jungkook

i hid in my room for the rest of the weekend, constantly texting jimin or taehyung. all the bruises and cuts reminded me once more that it's wrong to be gay. that's when i start to cry every single time.

why does it have to be me? why can't i live in a better family where no one is homophobic? where everyone accepts me for who i am, not the fake me? why was i born into this family?
and that's when i call jimin. since i'm in the bathroom and had the shower turned on, no one knows i'm on the phone.

"jiminie hyung," i cried, "please text me back or call me. i'm sorry for ignoring you. i'm sorry that i got hurt and made you feel bad about it. but it was worth it. like i said, you're worth so much more... deserve so... much... more..." then darkness consumed me.

i opened my eyes and attempted to sit up, but soon realised it was the biggest mistake i ever did. the lightning was so bright... it isn't even my home! i observed the surrounding and realised i am in the hospital. dad's right next to me, reading a book.

"dad? where's mom?" i asked, although i don't miss her at all. dad closed his book and faced me.

"the police got her. they're reporting her of child abuse." dad explained in more details. another question came floating into my head.

"have you ever loved mom?" i asked. dad shook his head.

"it's a forced marriage, jimin knows that. my parents forced me to marry her so that i could forget my boyfriend," i swear, if i was drinking something, i'd choke.

"d-dad, you're gay?" 

"yes, and i'm glad you fell in love with a boy like jimin." dad smiled and for once, i was glad that he's my dad.

"speaking of which, do you know where jimin is?"

"oh," dad stroked his non-existent beard, "he's with some boy called min yoongi."