Ch.23 Red

I don't think I can properly explain the emotions that burried themselves into my chest in that very moment.

What...?

Saceilia's face spelled out the word guilt, everything about her body language, even the look in her eyes.

"Anthony I'm so-"

"Shut it." He growled at her, a low rumble of pure anger emitted from his throat. His face was beet red and anyone who passed by could tell that he was beyond livid.

I stood there in silence, I was sure at this point that my eyes had lost their color.

What was there to say? I had a shit ton of things I could spew out right now but the disappointment held me captive. Millions of words begged to leave, but I only let a few escape.

"We're done, and you can forget your ride home."

Anthony turned to me as if he knew I had something to say to him, and I did.

"You know I wouldn't take your girl like that, I had no clu-"

"I know, I got it." He sent me a nod of respect, I returned the favor before spinning the keys in my hand and walking to the exit.

-

Brite was staring, very obviously at that. Her eyes hit his and he knew just exactly what it meant. To him she had always been easy to read, just from one look and Drift instantly knew.

Something was bothering her.

The silence after he finished that part of the story, the way his voice trailed off as if he needed a break from continuing. Brite shifted in the bed, its squeaking now something they both learned to ignore.

"At least you didn't kiss her, right?" There was a slight humor in her voice, unfortunently it was very dry and they both knew that it wasn't much of a comic relief.

Drift closed his eyes, his chest rising in short patterns whilst a low chuckle left him to entertain her joke.

"I would've said that doesn't matter, but now I'm happy that I didn't." His eyes opened and darted to hers', "because you got to be my first kiss."

Brite let an intake of breath show her emotions, the heat from being so flustered showed clearly on her face. For a moment it seemed as if they weren't going to lose that eye contact and they didn't. Brite gulped, swallowing the lump of nervousness in her throat, the room silent besides the little movements they made. The atmosphere had her heart racing and it wasn't stopping as long as their eyes stayed glued the way they were. A hand of her own flinched but she wouldn't fight her instincts, it moved to press against her cheeks. The action only made it more obvious that she was trying to hide the color on her face, but it's better than anything else right?

That action didn't last long.

Drift sat up, his auburn eyes locked onto hers as if he were determined. The warmth of his hand wrapped itself around her wrist, guiding it away from her face, "is there a point in hiding?" He questioned whilst searching her for an answer. She clutched her lower lip with her teeth, a clear sign of deep thought but words refused to leave.

She only shook her head, answering no.

He laughed and her face flushed with a deeper shade, this time it was due to embarrassment.

"What're you laughing at!?" She sputtered, but he only laughed harder.

"You look like a tomato."

"Oh you-" Her hand raised as if she were going to slap him again. Drift leaned away and held his hands up in defeat.

"Okay okay you got it!" The laughter was still begging to leave but he held it back for the sake of postponing a fight with Brite. She lowered her hand, a triumphant grin on her face.