February 1st

this is high-key inspired by Dallon Weekes's Guide To Heartbreak so there may be some similarities owo 

I'm going to die alone, I'm sure of it. 

The thought of dying alone isn't very upsetting. I've always thought that it would be nice to die knowing somebody really loves and cares about you but alas. My personality sucks ass and I don't know how to love someone. 

Surely I have been in love, more than once, but not once has that been a mutual feeling. 

Oh well. I could go for some french toast sticks. 

I get up out of bed and shut off my TV, wrapping myself in my furry throw blanket and grab my keys. I don't have the energy to put on a jacket so, blanket. 

I wave goodbye to my mom as I slide on a pair of vans and head out the door. 

"What!? What do you mean you're breaking up with me?" I hear my neighbor, Brendon, yelling into his cell phone and I look over, it looks like he is going to cry and second. 

"You know what, fuck you! I loved you Ryan! I'll see you in hell." He hangs up and sits down on his driveway, right on the ice and snow. 

Ugh. I hate being a good person.

I walk over slowly, making sure my blanket does not get any snow on it and stand in front of him.

"Are you alright?" I say, looking down at the sobbing boy. He shakes his head and I sigh, looking around the neighborhood as snow starts to fall.

"Uhhh do you want to go get food?" I scratch the back of my neck and he puts his head up and looks at me with his red, tear-stained face. "I barely even know you."

"Who cares?" He thinks for a minute before standing up, wiping his eyes. "Okay I guess." 

Once we get in the car he starts crying again.

"Uh-" "Who does he think he is? Breaking up with me like that! I had so many plans for Valentines Day!" He throws his snapback in my backseat angrily and I sigh, hoping I don't crash the car on the way to Sonic. 

"Why did he do it?" I say calmly, drifting slightly as I take a turn. 

"He claims that 'the spark was gone'." I bite my lip, giving him a sympathetic look. "That's bullshit! I did and would still do anything for that asshole! You agree with me right?" 

I didn't know either of them personally, and maybe Ryan was right, but I decide to not be a douche for once in my life. 

"What a dick."  I pull into the parking lot and find a drive-in spot. "What do you want to eat?"

"Everything." 

I snort and roll my window down. "Ugh I want a blue slushee with jolly ranchers in it and like, fries and chicken strips and some god damn tater tots." 

"Anything else?" I don't care that I'm spending all my money on food. I don't care enough to buy anything that will last more than ten minutes. "That's all." He blushes and looks away at the other cars. 

 I order the food and roll my window back up. "Why are you wearing a blanket?" He says, pointing at the grey fabric wrapped around my body. 

"I dunno. It's better than a coat I guess. How long were you and Ryan together?" I knew that they were together for a good two and a half years, but I'm just trying to make conversation.

"Two and a half years. I loved him. I gave him everything! My time, my heart, my health, so many fucking gifts, and all for nothing. Where did I go wrong?" He takes his seatbelt off and leans the passenger seat all the way back, sighing in distress.