Chapter 5 ~ Some Vague Answers

~Samuel's Point of View~

Song: "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes

******

A knot formed in my stomach as I watched them on the training field. I wasn't sure why I felt a pull towards her. She hated me, or at least was annoyed by my presence. I had to say, the way she acted around me was a far cry from what other people normally acted like. That could also be because of what and who she is.

Then, she looked up and I just turned and left. Her new friends would never let me near her, so what was the point?

I stepped out of the shadows and into my dorm and Haven jumped, knocking things off his desk in the process. "Shit, Sam! Do you ever knock?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Relax. I do that a lot. It isn't like this is the first time." I say blandly and walk over to my desk and pick up a journal and a pen. "And it's my room, too. Why do I need to knock?"

I looked over my shoulder and noticed finally that we had a visitor.

Sitting on his bed Seran, her long black hair over one shoulder. She grinned at me and I clenched my jaw.

"So good to see you, Sam. I've missed you. You've been acting weird today. Are you ok?" She said and stood up and came towards me. She wore shorts and a revealing tank top. She smelled sickly sweet- too much perfume that made me want to wrinkle my nose when she got closer.

I kept my face void of any emotion and said calmly, "Seran, it's impolite to enter a man's room without asking first- and you didn't."

"I asked Haven." She said too sweetly. Her hands traveled up my arms and I snatched her wrists before she could touch me anymore.

"What do you want?" I growled and lowered my gaze to hers, releasing her. She pouted, her lips the color of blood. I knew what she wanted.

"I miss you, Sammy. Why did we have to break up?" She said and her voice broke.

Haven shifted uncomfortably, then teleported from the room. I watched him go with a straight face, then looked back down at Seran. She was holding my hand and I pulled it from her grasp, clenching my hands into fists.

"Because, Seran," I began stiffly. "I caught you with someone else. I know your schemes. You can't fool me. Not anymore."

She frowned. "Is that what you think I want? To hurt you more? No, Sammy, I want to fix it and be better."

I looked at her and said evenly, "Get out, Seran, and don't come knocking on my door again. What you did was unforgivable- you aren't getting any more chances from me."

She glared at me, nostrils flaring in a rage and she slapped me- hard- across the face. Then, she disappeared.

I rubbed at my cheek once she was gone and sank into my desk char and rubbed my eyes with a heavy sigh. I felt a weight settle in my chest and I thought I was going to be sick, squeezing my eyes shut as the sensation passed. She wouldn't leave me alone- not really.

I looked up as my laptop pinged to announce I had received an email. I sighed heavily to find my inbox contained four recent emails. One from my professor asking about my summer term and how I liked it. The second was from the Headmaster saying he had still yet to find my Ring. The third was from my father. He wanted an update, of course.

But the fourth and final email was the only one I opened.

Callie Jameson had emailed me.

I scrolled through the email and furrowed my eyebrows as I read it.