Chapter 15 ~ Help

~Baldor's Point of View~

Song: "Don't Let the Light Go Out" by Panic! At the Disco

******

I left when Callie and Anna started talking. I wasn't too keen to listening to either her or Aaron saying another bad thing about me, and Callie... she seemed disappointed in me too.

Did she want to send us all back?

If she did, I'd never see her again. Was she ok with that? Did she really care for me at all? She seemed pretty serious when she said that there was nothing worse than this. What did she mean by that exactly? She did take my hand and sat with me, so I must be overthinking it. I just didn't want to lose her now that I knew I had her.

I sat at my desk and rubbed at my temples. The cut had scarred over my eyebrow now, and it reminded me of her and how she took care of me that day in the library basement.

Then, I heard something that launched me out of my thoughts and chilled me to my very core.

A scream of fear. A call of my name. A call for help.

From Callie.

I was up in an instant and appeared outside through the shadows of a tree.

I began searching for her, trying to pick up a scent, and when I did, it lead me to the woods.

Anger surged through me and I took off at a sprint towards the woods.

Once I reached the tree line, I could hear twigs snapping and muffled screams, shouts, and laughter.

Callie.

I looked up, looking for a clear opening, and then... I changed. To the form that got me the nickname of monster.

Wings unfurled behind me composed of red scales as I turned into a dragon. I soared up over the trees, my night vision picking up, and when I located five figures below in a small clearing, I dove for that clearing.

I landed with a boom and the trees shook, pine needles and leaves falling to the ground. I hissed and the four men spun around to look at me in fear. Their hands were on Callie, pinning her to a tree. Her shirt was ripped and her hair was a mess. She was crying.

"And what the hell are you doing?" I hissed, eyes glowing as red as my scales.

I stepped forward and the four guys took off with screams of terror. I knew they would be back.

I turned to Callie. She was cowering on the ground, arms wrapped around her head and shaking all over.

My wings drooped and I curled my tail around my feet and lowered myself to the ground and gently touched her foot with the tip of my nose. She looked up at me and gasped and backed away.

I rested my head on the ground. I had never really realized how big I could get in this form, but realized just how huge when I noticed she was the size of my head.

The red glow in my eyes faded and I looked at her, waiting for her to realize who I was.

"Callie." I said and she looked at me, frozen stiff, then she reached into her pocket and I went still, remembering how she carried a gun. She slowly pulled out a folded piece of paper and looked from it to me, then dropped the paper in shock.

It was her drawing of me and Imara in our dragon forms.

"S-Sam?" She managed weakly.

"Yes." I said and lifted my head a little and she crawled over to me and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck.