Chapter 14 ~ Found...Out

~Callie's Point of View~

Song: "The Best of You" by Isak Danielson

*******

I stiffened and spun around, stumbling back away from Sam in a rush, but I knew it was too late.

She and Aaron were staring at us with mouths hanging open and eyes widened in horror.

I looked at Sam and his jaw was clenched, hands in his leather jacket's pockets and narrowed eyes directed at Aaron.

"Callie? Please tell me I did not just see what I think I just saw." Anna says slowly, carefully, all the while glaring at Sam in hatred.

I began to stumble over my words as I tried to explain the situation. "I-I...I'm sorry. It's Saturday. You're never here on Saturdays and...and..." I managed weakly, still in shock from earlier.

"And what about Brandon? You two are together! What would he thing about this?" Aaron demanded.

I stiffened, then said slowly, carefully and with all the courage I could muster up, "Brandon ended things with me today. Since I got hurt during the game three weeks ago, he's been acting like an asshole. Before he was respectful of my space, but after he began to read my texts, follow me places, and ensure he knew what I was doing all the time. He's even followed me to the bathrooms. When I asked him to give me some space, he told me I was his and he could do what he wished. That he was a prince. That he had entitlement to do as he pleased."

Sam was staring at me with an unreadable expression. But his gray eyes burned with a fury I recognized only too well.

"He insisted we spend a lot of time together. All the time. He got handsy. When I wasn't in the mood, he ignored me, saying I didn't know what was right for me. Today I caught him trying to kill Sam. I stopped him. He yelled and hit me and shoved me to the ground. Called me disgusting. And then left."

I felt tears enter my vision and I reached over and grabbed onto my chair for support. Sam slid a half-step closer to me, but Aaron snapped,

"Step away from her."

Sam lifted his hands in the air and said, "If I may-"

"You may do nothing. We're talking to Callie right now. So shut up." Anna growled.

"You do not get to speak to him that way." I said angrily and pushed myself off of the chair and stood between Sam and my friends.

"He killed my brothers, Callie! How the hell else am I supposed to react to that monster in my room?!" Anna yelled and Aaron wrapped his arms around her.

I straightened and said smoothly and carefully, "Arwen. Aragorn. Step inside and close the door."

They both stiffened. "You-" Aaron tried but I raised a hand.

"Step inside. And close the door. Those are your names, are they not?" I said coolly.

He clenched his jaw and closed the door and the two of them walked over to her bed and sat down side by side.

I looked at Baldor and said in a commanding tone, "Sit."

He immediately did so, hands clasped in his lap and head down, shoulders tense.

I leaned back against my desk and crossed my arms over my chest. "Boromir- and I'm going to say your names. I find no point in pretending that your names are Brandon, Anna, or Aaron. Boromir was an abuser. Sam is not. He has done nothing to me. Now. Let's think for a moment. Was it Sauron that killed your brothers, or was it Baldor? Because I've noticed a trend here that Baldor gets blamed for Sauron's actions quite a bit."