Chapter 29

COMMENT and VOTE

The next morning I sit down next to Carl.

"Hey Tailynn." He smiles over.

I chuckle quietly and smirk lightly. "Morning Carl." I smirk.

He rolls his eyes with a smirk at my smirk and continues eating his food.

"So What're we doin to - Oh wait never mind." I laugh quietly, taking a few bites of my fruit.

Today, like Rick said yesterday, we're splitting up into groups and going to search for the rest of our group. I was excited, I might actually get to see the rest of my family again. If they're alive. But I can't think like that.

Carl chuckles and finishes. "Yea. Me, you, Michonne and Daryl are going together." He says.

I stand up, grabbing his bowl and mine and taking them over to the sink. I hear footsteps following me so I automatically assume it's Carl, continuing the conversation. "We should pair up. I haven't seen you in a while." I smile lightly.

I set them in the sink and turn to the blue eyed boy behind me. "Yea we should. Hopefully we don't have to have an adult over us at all times." He chuckles, smirking.

I chuckle quietly, smirking back. I step up to where I'm next to him and hit our hips together. I stand on my toes so I can whisper in his ear. I sit a hand on his forearm, running my hand up and down it. "You just wanna be alone with me." As I speak I see the hair stick up on the back of his neck and goosebumps appear where I touch him.

I smile lightly and walk away from him, a smirk growing on my lips.

-

"So where are we goin to?" I question my Dad who I'm walking next to.

"Just around. Check a few neighborhoods. Raid some while we at it." He answers. I nod, watching my shoes.

I needed new ones. My converse were falling apart, the All Star stitching ripping off of it. I wiggle my toes around in them. And they were getting to small.

So when we get to a store, I'll find a new pair of shoes, right now I'll take anything, maybe some new clothes too.

I look down at my dirty, blood covered jeans and t shirt. My black jacket over it, covered in light snow. Definitely new clothes.

We soon come to a small convenient store. It didn't look looted.

"It's small we won't need to split into groups." Dad explains. "Just grab all you can and let's go."

Dad bangs on the window, hitting the iron bars every now and then. Michonne opens the door as 7 walkers stumble to it. We 4 take them out and then start looting the place.

-

It was a little past lunch time and we all decided to stop on the side of the road and eat.

I climb onto the roof of a UPS bus. All we had was fruit, so I take a can opener and open it up.

Someone sits next to me. And I know it's Carl.

He takes the can I'm eating from out of my hands and dumps some fruit into my mouth.

I let my mouth hang open. "Hey! That was mine!" I whine, punching his shoulder.

He smirks hands me the rest of them back. "Don't worry I'll give you some of mine." He chuckles deeply.

Which I'll admit was pretty hot.

I smirk back lightly and hand him a can.

It's quiet for a minute before Carl speaks up, "How old are you now? Do you know?" He asks.