Again

Ethan's POV

We make it to the after party after the bullshit with her father and step mom. I'm just glad he allowed me to stay in her life. I swear I would loose it if I loose her. She is over talking with Kesha probably telling her what happened. I grab a beer and head over to chat with Mason. "I don't know if I told you this but congratulations man. On both the engagement and baby!" I tell him. "Thanks man. I can't believe it I'm going to be a father and you are going to be my best man." He says. "So you asking me to be your best man over Austin?" He nods and we clink our glasses together. Austin is talking to Mer about their dad he knows how things went down. Just glad he is not mad at me too.

Out of nowhere Holly's ass comes over and sits in my lap. Asking questions about what happened with me and Ameris. Which I kindly told her it was none of her damn business. Holly gets mad and says why are you with that baby when you can have a grown woman. Before I could respond I Mer has her by the head and tells her she is more woman than Holly will ever be and if she touches me again she will do more than rip her weave out and throws her off me. Holly in return punched Ameris. Next thing I know my girlfriend is beating the shit out of Holly. In the mix of it I pull Ameris off and she punched me in the jaw. Now I'm pissed. When I finally get her off of Holly she is kicking and screaming she is fine and let her go. I tell her she is going to home and I strap her in and and close the door. Dammit I say to myself.

"Really Ameris again. Wtf." I say. "Well had you fucking checked her ass this wouldn't have happened. Why was she sitting in your fucking lap?" She yells. I get it I should have pushed her off of me immediately. Didn't think it would escalate to a damn fight. I sigh. "Just take me home." She says. Which means she is going to her dad's and I am sleeping alone. "No. We are having this conversation and it will not end because you want to pout. Now you are right I should have checked her and ended the conversation with her before it got that far. To where you felt you needed to say something. Damn Ameris look at me. I'm sorry. Ok." "It's not ok. When I tasted blood I lost it. I know at some point I hit you and that is not ok. I'm sorry I get so crazy about you but she had her hands on you and that enraged me." I look down. There is a silence over the car.

"Ethan, I love you and I'm sorry I keep doubting your love for me. I know that back there with Holly was nothing. I guess I was looking for a reason to get back at her for telling Janet that lie." She say as her voice cracks. "I know baby girl. I know. I love you too and I figured." I reply. Pulling up at her dads I wanted to tell her we could go hide out til in the morning but I know she wants nothing to do with me right now. "I want to hideout with you for the rest of the night. Can I come over." She asked like she didn't know she was always welcomed. "We need to ask your dad but I want you there with me." I tell her

Asking her dad after all that has happened was a long shot but I know if she doesn't come home he will kill me. So getting his permission to have her stay the night was important to me.

"Daddy, I want to know if I can stay the night at Ethan's. I would lie and say Kesha's but her and Mason will most likely end up here. I understand if the answer is no but I wanted to ask anyway." She says with a little defeat in her voice. "Ethan what time does church start in the morning?" He ask me "Sunday morning service is at 1100. Sunday school starts at 0900 and praise & worship starts at 1045." I reply. "So I should see you two in the morning before service starts. Somewhere between praise and worship and the processional." So in about 11hours. Have fun and be safe." He said. Mer kisses him on the forehead and thank him. That's when he feels her lip.

"What happened to your lip?" He asked before she could answer Austin walks in and reply "she is a bad ass and beat Holly's ass for sitting in Ethan's lap and calling her a baby." "What have I told you about controlling your temper?" "I'm sorry dad. It really had nothing to do with her flirting with Ethan. The moment I knew she lied on him I plotted my revenge. She wanted to hurt me so I hurt her." "You are definitely my child. Go have fun. I love you." He tells her. I'm glad she feels she can be open and honest with her dad. I just hope she is honest about the bruises on her sides.