5. Beeb

Marinette was getting ready for her 'date' with Nathaniel, it was really just a friend meeting, she wasn't looking for someone, not now. Not while she knows that Chat is most likely watching. She had showered and dressed. Now she was patiently waiting for him. She had packed her badge and gun in her purse, just in case.
*
She sat at the counter and looked up at the modern clock she had put up on the kitchen wall. 20:48. Was the time. She took out her phone and called Nathaniel, for what would be the thirtieth time.
"Hey this is Nathaniel. I'm probably busy, or just not in the mood to pick up the phone. Leave a message after the beeb." Was the words uttered before a beeb was heard the only noise before silence fell.
"Hi Nathaniel, it's Marinette again. I'm just calling to say that I'm gonna call it a night. I'll talk to you tomorrow." She said before declining the call.

Meanwhile the same green eyes were watching. Watching Marinette, closely. With intense consentration and focus. His black suit blended into the night, so that no one could see him. He was on the roof next to her appartment building. He watched as she stood up and closed the curtains. She then switched off the lights and went to her bedroom. He had big plans for her, for them. He knew her, he had known her long ago before the incident. He wanted to go to her now, bit he had to wait.
*
It was Monday morning.
Marinette's alarm had not even went off yet, when she received a call from the station. The phone was ringing. She shot up and aswered it.
"Chang." She said shortly in a morning voice.
"Hi, it's Alya. We have a murder."
"Where?" She asked as she swung her legs out of bed, ready to get up.
"About a block from the cab company." Marinette stumbled foreword and yanked on the curtains before she just...froze. Her mind went through a million thoughts at once. What if it's Nathaniel? What if Chat did it? What if I see him again?
"Marinette?" Alya said a moment later. Marinette snapped back into reality and quicly responded, "I'll be there in thirty."
She didn't bother to shower, she just got dressed took her stuff and left.
It was about a 20 minute drive since the place was far deeper into Paris than her appartement.

She got in her car and started driving. She pulled out of the parking garage and sighed heavily while she drove.

She rolled down the car window and took out a cigarette and lighter when she stopped at the red light. She thought she could stop, but in this job, you have to have a release. A way to escape it all. So she lit the cigarette and smoked.
The light turned green and she stepped on the gas. Her hair was blowing behind her, but she didn't even flinch. Her sunglasses blocked the wind.
She drove past the buildings calmly, she should be in a hurry, but what's the rush. The dead man's already dead. She had no emotion on her face. A bland and straight look.

When she arrived, she parked across the street. She first stepped on her cigarette before closing the car door and locking it. It was a cold morning in Paris, it was still dark. Around sixish. A cold breeze danced around her bare arms. She was in such a rush, she just grabbed the first thing she saw and put it on. Unfortunately for her it was a tank top. A black tank top to be precise. With a denim short. She had not even put on shoes.

She approached the allay and ducked under the yellow tape. She stood next to Alya who was crouching next to the body covered with a white sheet.
"Hi, sorry I woke you up so early. But night shift had some 'technical issues'." She said quoting with her fingers.
"You look freezing." She said shortly after.
"It doesn't bother me. What's with the sheet?" Marinette said as she put on a pair of gloves.
"Media, but I'll show you the vic."
And with that she pulled off the sheets to reveal a red headed man.
"Nathaniel No last name. Twenty nine, worked here at the cab place." Alya said placing the sheet back over. Marinette had no words and no emotion. She just stared.
"Any witnesses?" She asked.
"No, but we are digging into who saw him alive last-" She was about to continue her sentence but Marinette interrupted her.
"No need, I saw him alive last...I think." She said and turned to leave. But Alya grabbed her arm and held her in place.
"What?" She whisper-screamed.
"He drove my cab from the airport and we went to dinner last night."
"Girl, do you realise in what kind of shit you are? I'm going to have to integrate you."
"I know and I'll be waiting at the staion for you. I'm gonna take off so I'll be there at eight tonight." She said and left.
She got in her car and slowly started driving.
*
She stopped at a local bar and went in. She sat at the bar and ordered a drink. She lit another cigarette.
"Screwed again." She said softly to herself.
A guy came and sat next to her. He said nothing, just ordered his drink. He took it and stood up. He slipped something into Marinette's pocket. He made sure she noticed, and she did. She paid for her drink and walked out of the bar. She sat in her car and took out the note.
Under the Eiffel tower at precisely midnight.
She started the car and drove off, fast.
She went to her apartment with a rush and locked all three locks she had put on the door. She also locked the belcony doors and shut the curtains. She went to her bedroom closet and took out a huge plastic crate. She opened it, it was filled with weapons. She took out a gun and a knife. Then she locked the crate, put it back in the closet and locked the closet door. After that she checked under every surface for a bug. She left the apartment and went to her car. There she also checked for bugs. Nothing.
Would he seriously do this to me?