Chapter 8: Flames

Chapter 8: Flames

**ALLYSON**

I woke up in a pool of sweat, I felt my body over-heating. I could barely breath, where was all the heat coming from? I struggled to open my eyes, what happened to me? Where was I?

I eventually got up stumbling as I looked for something to lean on. Fire. I was in the cabin I had seen just a while ago, but it was on fire. Oh God, was this how I would die? After everything I had been through, this was the way I would die?

The flames where everywhere, they licked each corner of the house. Nate’s face appeared in my mind and I had to fight back the tears. I suddenly had a boost of energy. Nate was the only good thing that had happened in my life, I couldn’t lose him now, and he couldn’t lose me.

I looked around and realised I was in the kitchen. Who would burn such a beautiful cabin, it was so elegant. I spotted a window to my left. The smoke was so thick that it clouded my vision, I could barely see, but I had to get out and the window was the only way.

I was losing consciousness, but I had to get out. I angled my body in the direction of the window and gathered what was left of my strength. I knew that I only had one shot because I could barely stand, if I failed I would die here,

I held my breath and ran as fast as I could in my condition. I smashed straight through the window with my shoulder and landed awkwardly on the lawn. I knew I had probably dislocated my shoulder but I smiled because I was alive, I would see Nate again, I just hoped he would find me.

I opened my eyes a little and looked at the burning cabin. The fire would reach me soon if I didn’t move, but I felt numb and once again everything went black again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**NATE**

I rushed to the hospital in panic. A doctor had called and said Caroline had been in an accident and she was asking for me. I felt guilty because I had not been able to see her since the time she returned. I had been so occupied with work and if it wasn’t work it would be Ally.

Ally, I already missed her. I promised to call her but soon found out that her handbag was in my limo I had a very bad feeling in my gut, something was not right.

I pushed the thought away as I entered the hospital. I asked for Doctor Hugh and was led to him. He was talking to a nurse with a serious look on his face. I walked faster when I heard him mention Caroline.

“Hey Doc, I’m Nate. Is Caroline okay?” I asked failing to hide my anxiety.

“Miss Winters is alright Nate. You can see her in a few minutes” he said calmly.

Winters? What the hell? “Uh, Caroline’s surname is Smith, not Winters” I said in confusion.

Doctor Hugh scrunched up his nose in confusion. He was silent for a few minutes and it was driving me nuts. “Aren’t you Nathaniel Winters?” he asked

“No, I’m Nathaniel Peters” I replied in annoyance. “Oh. I’m so sorry Mr Peters. Miss Caroline must have given me the wrong number” he said as his face turned pink in embarrassment.

I couldn’t hide my anger so I just turned around and walked out. The bad feeling I had earlier was growing. Something was wrong with Ally, I just knew it. I decided to call Brian, her driver, but my phone rang in my hand.