Chaper 13: the truth

Chapter 13: The truth

I bit my lip to suppress the involuntary scream that threatened to escape my lips when I tried to move my right arm. The rope was so tight that it had dug into my skin. My eyes hurt from being shut for so long.

Panic rose in my chest when I heard footsteps approaching me. The blindfold was ripped from my eyes and I opened my eyes slowly so that they could adjust to the sudden brightness from the light.

“So you thought I would let you go scott free for stealing my man, didn’t you?” said a familiar voice that irritated me more than the situation I was currently in.

“Oh, it’s just you” I said dryly and rolled my eyes.

I soon realised that I was speaking to my abductor like this. I blinked rapidly and stared at her in shock. I looked around quickly and realised that I was in Angie’s apartment.

My eyes widened in disbelief. I never thought Angelina would ever betray me, but I guess I was wrong. I couldn’t help but wonder if she was behind my previous near-death experiences.

“Ally? Are you okay” came Angelina’s voice. I turned my head too fast and winced at the pain I felt.

Angelina was also tied up in a chair on my right. She looked like she had been tortured. Her hair was tangled and frizzed, her cheek was swollen and red and she had a black eye.

Her dress was covered in blood and there were large rips all over it that exposed her bruised skin. I held back my tears when she tried to smile but grimaced instead.

“Ange…what happened?” I asked in soft voice.

“I’m sorry Ally, I tried” she said in weak voice. I could see that it was difficult for her to speak and it was exhausting the little strength she had left.

“It’s okay. I’m so sorry Angie, I thought you betrayed me. I should have trusted you” I said. I smiled at her ignoring the pain I was feeling.

I looked away from Angelina so I could look directly into the eyes of the woman who had done all this. I glared at her for so long that her smirk disappeared and was instead replaced with a worried look.

“She refused to get you here like we asked her too. She deserved it” she said quickly as if it justified what she had done to Angelina.

“Just so you know I will haunt you ‘till the day you die. And that day is coming soon” I said with a sweet smile.

“Shut up!” she yelled and stomped over to me in rage. She leaned towards me until our faces were levelled.

I smiled triumphantly at her because she had not tied my legs. Just as she was about to speak, I raised my knees in one swift move and hit her chin then I kicked her on her chest and she was sent flying into the table behind her.

She cried out in pain and covered her now bleeding nose. She stared at the blood on her hand then she screamed, “I’m going to kill you” she spat.

“Enough!”

I froze at the sound of that voice. I could never miss that voice anywhere; I knew it like the palm of my hand.

Mrs Peters walked in the room in her favourite red dress, but this time she had black leather gloves on too.

“Mom?” Angelina and I said simultaneously.

“Ah yes, my dear Angelina. If only you had taken me up on my offer, you would be standing here with me” she said calmly.

I was confused. I refused to believe my thoughts. I turned to look at Angelina but I quickly looked away, I couldn’t stand to see her cry.