chapter 4: too good to be true

CHAPTER 4: TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

I had never in the entire 24 years of my life seen such a beautiful house. It was two stories high, painted in black and white-somehow it managed to look gorgeous. it had an ancient feel to it. His grass looked manicured (is that even possible?!) everything about the exterior was elegant and demanded respect, It was simply breath-taking.

I guess it would only make sense for the interior to look better, which it did by the way. Everything was neat and basically oozed money. His lounge had the most beautiful Italian furniture, three black sofas in Italian leather, the finest mahogany coffee table and a huge 50’’ plasma screen TV mounted on the wall. To say I was impressed would be the understatement of the year.

I was in awe.my shock put me in a brief state of paralysis which I was soon taken out of by a strong pair of hands lightly resting on my shoulders. “Welcome to my home” his voice was so smooth, like velvet, I could just listen to it all day.

He took my hand and led me upstairs towards a room right at the end of the hall. “I hope you like it” with that he opened the door to reveal a huge room with a king sized bed placed right in the centre along the wall to the right. It had royal blue covers, which wasn’t surprising, in fact the walls were a slightly lighter shade of blue, the fur carpet was baby blue, I think it was safe to say he had a little obsession with blue, well at least when it came to this room.

It had an en suite bathroom with a shower large enough to fit at least 6 people. There were mirrors everywhere and a Jacuzzi right in the centre of the bathroom. I felt like a queen. “I love it” I whispered, I couldn’t manage anything more, I had never been treated like this before, surely there must be a catch.

I hadn’t noticed that Nate was still standing there until he spoke again,” uhm, I’m gonna go take a shower, just make yourself comfortable. The kitchen is downstairs on your left if you’re hungry. I won’t be long” with that he quickly left the room.

I soon realised just how hungry I really was, I hadn’t eaten since yesterday, I thought I would have passed out by now so I took that as my cue and quickly headed downstairs in search of the kitchen which I soon discovered was more beautiful than the whole house. It had granite counter tops, a beautiful island made of granite with 8 stools surrounding it.

I saw a big beautiful mirror on my left which I quickly went to survey- who would want such a huge mirror in their kitchen? Apparently Nate did.  To my surprise I found out it was a fridge, go figure. I soon discovered where he kept all his things then proceeded to take out the necessary ingredients for dinner.

I was quite upset because I knew that this comfort would be gone soon, he would get tired of me living off him and kick me out and I would be back where I started except I would have the pain of knowing such a comfortable life and not being able to live one.

I could feel the pain in my chest, but I willed myself not to cry. I was so lost in thought that I did not notice Nate standing there with an awe-struck expression on his face; I was startled but managed to regain my composure again. “how did you manage to cook all this food in 20 minutes?” he asked looking at me puzzled.

I was wondering what he was talking about when I looked down and saw the island filled with Italian food. There was lasagne Verdi al forno, ciabatta, panzanella salad, polenta with tomato-seafood sauce and many more.

I brought my hands to my face, what have you done Ally. “Nate, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to make all this food which will probably go to waste, and wasting food is not right and you’ll have to stock up on groceries again which is wasting money cause you had all this stuff and I used up most of it, I just, I cook when I’m upset and I don’t even realise what I’m making…” I was rambling and I couldn’t stop.