chapter 1: reminisce

Chapter 1: reminisce

"Allyson Leyla Grey! If you do not get your butt down here this minute, I swear on my favourite Louis Vuitton's that YOU bought me for my birthday, I will come up there and drag you down!" I chuckled at this. My mum was always over-dramatic and HONEST! So for the sake of her precious Louis Vee's I ran downstairs.

"What took you so long", my mother said with a pout. I thought I was the teenager between the two of us.

"Well...I had to make myself look presentable for you sweetheart" I retorted with a grin.

My mother chose not to date again after her 'relationship' with my selfish, egotistic, jerk of a father. So I had to be her 'date' every Friday just to give her life more 'zest' as she put it. Weird right?...I KNOW!

My dad was a womaniser, a VERY rich one too. He was the man who broke my mother.

She was so in love with him. She thought he felt the same about her. But as soon as he got her in bed (he took her virginity), he ran faster than Usain Bolt in the 100m sprint!

He told her that he wasn't ready to commit, let alone be a father. A month later he was engaged to a Russian model. You can guess what that did to my mom.

My mother never dated anyone ever again. I grew up with that pain too. I had to behave older than I was because my mother needed a companion, not a child.

I admired my mother. She was a strong, beautiful and artistic woman. She was a chef with a big dream.

She saved money for 8 years working as a receptionist at a top accounting firm in the city. When she finally had enough money saved she opened up her own restaurant.

A year later, on my 16th birthday, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I had never in my entire life seen her so happy, she was glowing. It killed me to see my mother so elated at the thought of death. Was she really that unhappy? Yes...yes she was, and I could not even deny it.

She knew that she would find happiness in death. Needless to say, she refused treatment. She wanted to die faster.

I knew She loved me, but what my father did to her completely broke her and took every ounce of her happiness.

She passed away a week after my high school graduation. Yes I graduated when I was 16. I was lucky enough to be extremely smart like my dad and at the same time artistic like my mom.

But what good is any of that if you are alone.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................A/N : hey beautiful people, this is my first story on wattpad, I'm just trying this whole writing thing out here. I used to write intriguing essays and I was often told to try out stories. My brain is weird so expect the unexpected and you'll know what to expect, otherwise you'll die of curiosity. i hope you enjoy this story and recommend it to others. I promise you it's good.

Vote? Comment? Fan?