1. "Get in the car, Everleigh."

Authors Note

Hi everyone!
Firstly I'd like to thank you for giving this story a shot, it means a lot :)

Secondly, this book was written over the course of 3-4 years, which means that my writing has immensely improved with time and chapters. I've constantly gone back to change certain things I now find cringe lol, so you might need to bare with the first few chapters. However, this book is my baby and I promise it gets better with every chapter you give a shot. Also, there's really great character development and smut ;)

Enjoy!

Havoc.

Meaning "widespread destruction".
A word that I never really understood.

Ironic considering that it was my name. I never really understood myself either.
My actions, my thoughts.
I was named after widespread destruction... I couldn't help but wonder why.

"Ugh," I muttered to myself, my face flat against the pillow causing my voice to be muffled. I shuffled out of bed and turned my alarm off.

I sighed while launching my arms up in despair, an unspoken reference to college.
I groggily walked over to the bathroom. It was my second year as a college student and I was already frustratingly exhausted.

I got out of the shower and dried my hair with a towel while brushing my teeth. I let my brown locks flow to my shoulders, still damp.

My hair would usually pool around my waist, but I was tired of having it so long, so I cut it a little past shoulder length during the summer.

I slipped on a black hoodie, my favorite pair of ripped jeans, and combat boots.

I glanced at myself lazily in the mirror before racing down the stairs, my backpack hanging from my right shoulder, and grabbed an energy bar.

The perks of living alone? No one berating you about how breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Like myself, most students at uni chose not to live on campus, which was understandable considering that you could end up rooming with literally anyone.

I stepped outside and was greeted by the sun coming up, met with a warm but slightly chilly atmosphere.

I locked the door and hopped onto the damp lawn in front of my house.
As I was making my way to my bike, a familiar black car pulled up in front of me and a pair of dark brown eyes stared at me mischievously.

"Hey, babe. Need a ride?" The eyes winked at me.

"Last time I checked my name wasn't 'babe'," I said the last word in a deep voice while rolling my eyes.

"Oh come on Havoc, let's start this year on the right foot. Let me take you to class," Adam said smirking while brushing his hand through his brunette hair.

Adam was the pretty boy type: athletic body, sharp jaw, brown eyes that made you melt on the spot. Undeniably attractive, that was a fact.

He also happened to be my asshole of an ex-boyfriend, who was apparently above dating a college virgin.

"Don't you have a new flavor of the month to run along back to Adam?" I said rolling my eyes. Adam's friends in the back of the car let out an "Ooh" simultaneously, which caused a smirk to creep its way up my face.

"I won't tell her if you won't," He said smirking. There wasn't an ounce of remorse behind those eyes.

"I can't deal with you right now,"
I said loudly while rolling my eyes, before turning around and hopping on my black bike. I was already naturally petite, and to my discontent the size of my bike made me look even smaller.