no. 1 party anthem

it had been a week. since they had last seen each other. since ara last left his touch on lane. and since lane had enchanted ara. speaking only through text (the kind of talking lane happened to hate) they talked about everything and nothing. but now lane could not peel his eye away from his screen, it had been around ten minutes, and he continuously read the message ara had sent; it was as if he was a school girl going crazy over her crush. it read: party tonight at eight. want to come? deciding whether it good idea to join ara, lane's fingers hovered over the keypad. after ten minutes of weighing out his possibilities, without lane responded simply - idk

quickly ara responded back- come on it will be great

without further nudging lane gave into the prospect of seeing ara again and responded- sure

a few hours later, lane was in an unfamiliar part of town deciding whether this was all worth it to go and see ara another time. would it all be the same, or better, or worse? he wandered into the only house on the block that was oblivious holding a party.

immediately as he entered lane was smacked with the sound of loud, obnoxious music and the smell of piss, weed, and alcohol. it was crowded as he pushed his way through 'the living room" or the dance floor. everyone was too drunk to care about the sweaty mess they made. lane felt out of place in the house, this wasn't his normal hang out, everyone seemed to cool to care, and too careless to be cool. he tugged at the collar of the stupid leather jacket he regretted wearing. it was as if the atmosphere of the room itself was suffocating him. it was like the bar he met ara in. at least that situation worked in my favor, lane thought himself. he needed air fast, so he traveled to what seemed to be a door. where was ara?

lane wondered as if whether he left already or not. had lane been too late? he needed ara now more than ever, to be superman and rescue him, take him away from his own thoughts and save him.

finally, as he made his way to the balcony, he saw a familiar figure. ara was standing there, smoking, talking about the folks who run this place. lane stood there nervous not knowing how to approach him, almost ready to turn back around and say he never even made it to the party, ara spotted him.

'lane, cher, is that you?' ara yelled out, he said something quieter and the person he was talking to walked away. 'hey, cher, glad you came.' ara reached out to give lane a hug.

'i'm glad i came,' lane looked down after the hug, still feeling nervous as if butterflies were in his stomach. ara noticed this behavior and tilted lane's head up.

'cher, look at me, is something wrong?'

'no,' lane simply said not wanting to explain it. he could tell ara, 'oh well, i didn't want to come to this party. but i only came to see you, and now that i'm here i hate it and want to go home, but then i'll regret it all because i won't be with you. but you and this party seem a little out of my league, and from what i have seen there are many other guys here you should be with.' lane choose to stick to 'no.'

'okay, well come here.' ara pulled lane close to himself and leaned his head in to steal a kiss from the only reason he was here. lane responded closely the gap between the two. they were alone on the balcony, and their options felt limitless. 'cher lets get you to drink.' ara mumbled after breaking there kiss.

'sounds good,' lane responded with a newfound sense of happiness. ara lead the way back inside, through the crowded house, and into the kitchen pulling lane along. once they were alone again, ara turn to lane and picked him up placing him on the kitchen counter.

'stay put,' ara said stealing a kiss before he started. then he began to rummage through the bar/ table for the right liquors. as he began to mix this drink, lane deeply blushed and was fascinated by the process as he sat on the kitchen counter watching the magic happen. suddenly lane was 

snapped out of his thoughts when ara said 'i just need to find some more ice.'

'okay,' lane responded softly. as ara left the room, lane was hit with a wave of loneliness. he sat there for a few minutes looking down at his hands when he heard someone return. hoping it was ara he shot his head up quickly, but disappointingly it was not him. it was a far less handsome drunk man, he began to search the fridge for a beer. after finding he made is way looking through every drawer for an opener, unlucky he continued searching until he found himself at the drawer lane was sitting above.

he walked up to lane saying, 'hey baby seen any openers.'

not wanting to engage the man lane simply shook his head.

'well, i think i see something else i want more. how about we go upstairs, baby?'

before lane could even respond ara walked into the room with a bag of ice and responded for him, 'he's with me.'

the guy finding no need to pick a fight shrugged and walked away.

'okay, cher, let us finish what we started,' with ara's return a smile returned to lane's face. finishing the making the drink and captivating lane's attention.