fireside

a sense of confidence rushed through lane's mind. there he was standing in front of a bar, waiting to meet ara. immediately after walking in lane saw ara, he's wasn't hard to miss. ara stood out in a crowd, he's tall and handsome and everything on lane's mind for the past few days. lane remembered the night after the party, after they had finally made it back to ara's place they continued to dance and sway to the music. this moment became captured in lane's mind. and it goes dancing by in the morning and in the night time.

someone pushed past lane moving into the bar, snapping lane from his thoughts as he realized he was still standing in the entrance of this gay bar. that's correct a gay bar. that ara convinced lane to come to, and lane being head over heels for ara, of course, said yes. lane did not even know what his sexuality was, nor did he feel as if he was simply experimenting around; he wanted ara and that was that.

lane recuperated and once again focused on ara and the group of people surrounding him. ara was standing by the bar with a guy on his shoulder. they were laughing, having what seemed like a great time as lane was deciding whether to actually approach ara. he looked happy with this other guy and though they had never talked about their relationship status, lane thought there was some chemistry between him and ara. just then the man leaned down and kissed ara's cheek, he whispered something in his ear, and walked away.

he probably said 'i'll be right back' or 'i'm just going to go to the bathroom baby.' whatever it was ara smiled and laughed.

lane was confused, jealous, angry, sad and insecure in a bar of all places. a place supposed to be meant for either drowning out one's sorrows or having the time of their life. it was happening all over again. lane was becoming the other man.

lane felt as if his mind was on fire, trying to decide what to do and how to handle the situation at hand.

i mean look at me and then look at those guys, lane thought to himself. i'm nothing compared to them, they are stylish and tall and handsome. and look at the guy that was on ara's shoulder. ara needs someone like him not someone like me. someone who knows what they want. not someone who's afraid to go an get it.

lane turned toward the door wanting to leave and forget this night ever happened, forget ara ever happened. he slowly pulled his phone from his pocket as he walked away from the club.

ara i had a long day at work, i'm too tired to go out tonight

are you sure? i can come over. maybe help you unwind ;)

lane stared at this message trying not to give in and allow ara to rescue him from these terrible thoughts but he didn't.

he simply said- no have fun with your friends. i don't want to spoil your night

with that lane didn't wait for a response he shut his phone off and sadly kept walking home. but as he walked, it wasn't without thinking of ara.