Chapter 16

Freedom is what Mar'i has been waiting for. Her childhood dream finally had came true. I mean sure she was her dads partner but still for her it was amazing. Soreign through the sky hoping buildings the cool air hitting her face against the soft moonlight. It helped her achieve her peace. Letting go of the pain and guilt she's felt over the years. She was helping others making sure they didn't have to go through shit any more than she did.

" Nightstar look out!"

Duck

"Not so fast your not going anywhere." She smirked grabbing the man by the collar of his shirt backing him towards the others tied up.

Both taking off.

" You know the names Nightstar kinda sticking now. I mean you did steal half or my name and your mothers." Nightwing chuckled.

" Well at least mine doesn't sound like an 80's mullet rock band." Elbowing him lightly.

" Ow hey." Jokingly Rubbing her shoulder.

" What I'm serious." Laughing.

"Well look at the time it's time for you to head home tomorrow's your first day of school you don't want to be late."

" Oki doki night dad!" Leaping off to her apartment.

———-_———————————————————

Beep Beep Beep

Mar'i groggled and struggled to turn her alarm off of her phone as the alarm went off at 7:00 A.m. yawing and stretching she went to closet to get out her school uniform.

Slipping on her white shirt and jacket. Then her plaid skirt and socks and shoes.then proceeding to come her hair ruffling it deciding where to part it. Brushing her teeth then rushing downstairs where her dad had a fresh stack of pancakes laying out of the table.

" Good morning starshine are you ready for your first day?"

" Why yes I'm really estatic I mean it's my first time at a real school and I'll finally be able to meet and make friends."

Taking her plate she stacked six pancakes drenching them in syrup.

Dick looked wide eyed as she shoved all six in their mouth and but the amount of syrup applied.

Gulping wiping her mout she replied, " Sorry Uh fast metabolism and five stomachs." Rubbing her neck giggling.

" Nah it's fine besides your mom used to do that all the time."

" Really?"

" Yeah she had this huge obsession with mustard where she would jug down a whole container." Laughing.

" Did did mom really like earth as much as it seems she did?"

" mar'i she loved  this place it was like her second home she was always fascinated by everything here."

" I still do miss Tamaran I don't even know if it's still standing."

" well what if I told you I have a couple friends who could help out with that?"

" Really!?"

" Yeah there's all sorts of aliens here . We can look into that later now it's time to take you to school."

Escorting her out of the apartment to the car.

They arrived at school hundreds of girls and boys standing around laughing and talking to each other in and court of the building.

Mar'i was amazed by this. She was in awe at the school and the amount of kids.

" X'hal this is amazing."