Chapter 20

Mar'i had never felt this much excitement since being part of a team. Her first official mission with the team made her feel like she had more of a home.

The team soon arrives to the alert and sees the damage has already happened no trace of anybody still there. Witnesses calling saying that there was just a tremendous blast that shook the whole mile radius.

"Dammit if we were two minutes faster we would've caught them" Lian kicked the rubble.

"We'll lets just scan the area tornado twins, Jon  you guys go and look around the broader areas to see if whoever could've done this escaped." Lian ordered.

"Ight we got it." Said the tornado twins in unison speeding off while Jon flew up and checked from above.

"Zatara, Martian twins try to find someone who witnessed the situation."

"Man I always get put in this position." Zatara mumbled.

"Nightstar and Robin collect any potential evidence."

Everyone made there separate ways Damian telling Nightstar to take the East direction.

Nightstar started to scan the area after minutes she couldn't find not even a trace of evidence. But something was bothering her..this smell. It smelled unearthly and almost familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it. She followed the smell towards the edge where the explosion seemed to end. A faint smoke smogging around.

She jogged over to the smoke digging through the rubble finding a capsule engraved with writing. She dropped the capsule with shock. The smell was from old Tamaranian metal. Slowly picking it up she examined the writing which was in Tamaranian. It was a video capsule. Inscribed to her.

How is this possible? Tamaran is gone?..or is it not?

She couldn't let the others know this whatever crashed her belonged to her people something she couldn't let her friends interfere with. This was a Nightstar thing not a team thing. She hid the capsule away walking back trying to find robin.

"Nightstar where have you been we've been calling for you for minutes!" Red arrow exclaimed running over grabbing her hand.

"Sorry I was busy analyzing"

"And did you find anything?"

"No I didn't unfortunately."

"That's strange anyways we found something." Ushering her over to a smog pit where a ship had crashed.

It was Tamaranian.

"Woahhhh an alien spaceship." Martian boy said.

"Ouch!"

"You're alíen you dingbat!" Miss Martian said slapping him in the shoulder.

"I know but dude look this is something we've never seen before on a mission!"

"Whatever."

"Robin have you scanned the ship?" Lian asked.

"Yes but the ship isn't located anywhere in the databases."

Oh thank god. Mari sighed in relief.

"Well contact the JLA to come and investigate." Lian said. "Let's head out team"

"Hey guys give me a second." Nightstar said waving them off.

She touched the ship with her cold fingers. She couldn't believe it. Are they still alive? Are her people trying to contact her? To tell her to come home?. She analyzed the ship this was autopilots none was aboard scoping it she couldn't find anything else.

"I hope I'm right" she said flying to catch up to the others.

—————————————————————-

Later that night in her bedroom Mari was trying to figure out how to project the message. Earth technology was no use. She managed to sneak equipment while her dad was at work.

"Why won't this budge." Frustration flowing throughout her frantically her hair slowly flaming in anxiousness.

She took the tool pushing it into the device it suddenly flingging across the room bouncing off the wall to her head.

Cursing in Tamaranian holding her head she looked up. "Yes I got it!"

She hit the play as the image projected out. It took a couple seconds till a person projected out.

Mar'i jaw dropped staring at the image.

No this can't be real

"Hello little niece" they said.

—————————————————————-
Hey guys I'm sorry I took months of hiatus I had writers block and I've been super busy. I suddenly had motivation for a chapter and I couldn't be happier lmk what you think!