Chapter 8

Scene 1: Aoko and Kid are trapped in the elevator during out of electricity.

Kaito Kid: Hey—
Aoko: Don't talk to me.
Kaito Kid: It's about Inspector Nakamori.
Aoko: So what? What are you going to do my dad? Laughing at him like—
Kaito Kid: Whoah-2x, relax. I won't do anything to him.
Aoko: Then what?
Kaito Kid: I came here to see his condition that he's okay or not.
Aoko: He's fine, he will be awake soon.
Kaito Kid: Oh... okay. 'This is bad, if I don't move quickly, that woman will be—'
Aoko: It's unusual of being you.
Kaito Kid: Huh? What do you mean?
Aoko: What I mean is... you cared someone even though you're an enemy of my dad. I still don't get it why you cared for him.

He sighed then he popped out his mind.

Kaito Kid: Hey... (He showed plenty of cards) Choose these cards and I'll take a guess which card you picked up.

She frozed a moment to him. What is he thinking? Then he speak again.

Kaito Kid: Rest assured, I'm not going to trick you.
Aoko: Well you are because you're magician. (He laugh)
Kaito Kid: Makes sense.
Aoko: Geez...

Then she picked up the card and Kid stopped her before she looked at the card she picked.

Kaito Kid: Don't look at the card first.
Aoko: Huh? Why?
Kaito Kid: You will see...

Then she holds the card on her chest and he shuffled again but both his hands separate with the cards transferred from left to right of his hands and she amazed.

Kaito Kid: Alright, now take this.
Aoko: What? A key?
Kaito Kid: What did you observe that key?
Aoko: Well, it has red color and the shape was.... a star?
Kaito Kid: Good, anything else can other call to that shape?
Aoko: Hhmmm... A diamond...?
Kaito Kid: Good... Now... (He threw the cards on the wall. She puzzled.)
Aoko: W-what are you doing Kid? (All the cards falls to the ground, except one card stuck to the wall.)
Kaito: Now ojou-san, what did you see that card?
Aoko: I-it's a 10 of Ace.
Kaito: Alright! Now it's time to tell you my guess. Hhhmm... The card you picked up was 10 of Diamonds! (He smiled)
Aoko: Wwhhaa—? How can you tell?
Kaito Kid: You hold that card all along right?
Aoko: Y-yes?
Kaito: Then you can see it now.

When she looked to her picking card, matches to his said and she amazed again.

Aoko: How did  you—?! did you—?! Eehh?!?!
Kaito Kid: Nah you know me, remember? It's just a basic.
Aoko: Oh... I see...
Kaito Kid: Just kidding. Actually, after you picked the card, I peeked all the cards while I shuffled in separating hands.
Aoko: Hhaaahh?!?! That's cheating even it's impossible!
Kaito Kid: True, it's impossible to peek the card at that speed. But for me, I just memorize the shape and number no matter how many I shuffled the cards.
Aoko: As expected you are. You're look like Sonic-san...
Kaito Kid: Sonic? He's just a blue hedgehog fantasy character, and I'm the real. (The electricity power on.)
Aoko: Hey! The power is back!

However, both of them blinked their eyes as the man shout through the elevator door.

Man: Hurry! He must be here somewhere. Find him and kill him! (Kaito cursed word to them and he speaks in a whisper.)
Kaito Kid: They really here also huh... So early like a bird. 'I knew it. They here, the men in black.'
Aoko: What we gonna do Kid?
Kaito Kid: Listen to me ojou-san, I'll go distract them and you go to your father. Lock the door and close the curtain, and hide yourself.
Aoko: What? Where am I going to hide? There's no big closet or anything here that room!
Man: Over here!
Kaitou Kid: Shoot! They found us! (He release something blanket and he cover to her body.) Use this, this will help you. When I go, don't move until the elevator opens again. Run in a silence.

He showed a flash bomb from his pocket, he push open the door button and throws to them.

Man 1: Hey, what is that...?
Man 2: THAT'S—!
(The bomb flashed to them and they covered as their eyes blind.)
Kaito Kid: Now's our chance!
Aoko: Wait Kid! (He stopped and looked to her.) D-don't get me wrong that I worried you, but... take care for yourself. (He smiled.)

Kaito Kid: I will... (He went out and the men saw the phantom thief.)
Man 2: There he is!! After him!

Scene 2: At Nakamori's Room where the doctor checked on the inspector.

Doctor: He's fine now, he will be awake soon.
Aoko: Thank goodness.
Doctor: But when your father awakes, tell him that he mustn't stand up to his body, he get his painful.
Aoko: Okay doctor, I'll tell him.
Doctor: What about you? Are you feeling well? You also got injured right?
Aoko: I'm fine now doctor. (She smiled.)
Doctor: No problem Ms. Nakamori, and... would you mind that can I get your—
Kaito: "Water" you mean doctor? Sorry, we're almost out of water here.

He dead glare to the doctor, the doctor drop sweat as he know.

Aoko: Kaito! Um... I'm sorry doctor, I'll go get the water.
Doctor: No need Ms. Nakamori, I have water dispenser on my office. Guess I'll go now. Call us if there's something happen to your father.
Aoko: Yes doctor, we will. (The doctor leave them, they both silence until the door is closed.)
Aoko: What in the world is wrong with you Kaito?
Kaito: What? I won't let get your number to him, you didn't notice?
Aoko: But you interrupt us, maybe he's not what he mean.
Kaito: He is! I can predict of his saying.

Meanwhile, the doctor heard of their conversation and he smiled.

Doctor: Well, I guess I give up on her. (Then he left from the door.)

And that is why Kaito pissed off to Hakuba so much. 😂

Author's Note:
Hi guys! I dunno how to say this, but I really thank you for reading and waiting patiently for this fanfic for how many months. It so hard to buy time for making this fanfic.

This time, I don't know when I publish another chapter, but I'm gonna end this story. It doesn't mean the next chapter would be end of the story, how I can end the story without a climax right? 😂