Sake and Sashimi

I watched as we pulled up to a quaint Japanese restaurant on the north end of Pentagram City. It looked like the kind of place where strung out drug addicts would be tossed out on their ass for just looking at the front door. Alastor opened the car door for me as I slid out. Taking his arm, we went up to the hostess stand. 

"Right this way, sir." The poor demon at the podium gulped when she saw Alastor approaching. She led up to a secluded table in a private dining room. Sitting down, I nervously rang my hands in my lap. This was a way fancier place than what I was used to. 

"Can I get you started off with anything to drink?" The hostess asked. 

"A bottle of your top shelf sake, please." Alastor said with a charming smile. The hostess nodded and scurried off. After she left, he turned his attention back to me.

"You look absolutely stunning this evening, (Y/N)," He complimented. 

I blushed and smiled shyly, "Thank you, Alastor. You look really handsome tonight." 

Crossing his arms and leaning across the table, he asked if I had read any interesting books lately. I told him about finishing Memoirs of a Geisha and was now about halfway through The Other Boleyn Girl. He had been rereading Frankenstein while looking for a new series. We talked about different authors we were fond of and different series we had read. It had been a long time since I had talked to anyone about books like that. 

We continued the conversation throughout the miso soup and the sashimi. I had never had such delicious sushi before. It was absolutely delicious. However, towards the end, a horrible realization hit me. I had drank way too much sake. 

I managed to make it through the end of dinner with some semblance of grace and out to the car. Sitting in the backseat of the town car, I tried to keep my dinner down. The ride seemed to take forever, and I couldn't get out of the car fast enough when it came to a stop. 

I somehow made it to the bushes by my apartment before throwing up. When all that was left was dry heaving, I shakily stood up and turned around. Alastor stood by the car with a concerned look on his face. Mortification seeped through my bones and my heart pounded my chest. The world started spinning and began to tip sideways. 

The last thing I saw was Alastor sprinting towards me as a black fuzziness clouded my vision.