chapter 3

"I brought your bag and everything else from your room," Spencer said lugging in Christina's brown leather bag. She gave him a kind smile as he placed her bag down.

"Are you sure you're up to flying?" Hotch asked as Chris sat up in bed. 

"Sure it's only a three-hour flight. Once we get back I promise I'll go straight home, no working." 

"Good, we're leaving in an hour. I expect you both there on time." Hotch said before leaving the hospital room. 

Chris threw the covers off her legs and stepped onto the cold hospital floor. She dug through her bag to find the one causal outfit she always packs.

"Can you close the door and help me change?" Chris asked. Spencer nodded, shut the door and started to untie the hospital gown Chris was wearing. 

"This is not how I expected to undress you on Valentine's day weekend," Spencer joked. He grabbed the sweater Chris had pulled out and gently put it over her head.  

"Guess we'll have to celebrate valentines day a little late this year." Spencer smiled at his girlfriend and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I think that's a good idea."

A few hours later the jet arrived back at Quantico and while everyone was heading into the office, Hotch hung back to make sure Chris did not go in. 

"Spencer why don't you take her home. Make sure she actually rests." Hotch said making Christina purse her lips at him. 

"Aaron, you don't always have to act like my father," Chris said as she walked towards the parking garage with Spencer.

"Yes, but if I didn't you'd be in way more trouble than you already are Hill," Hotch said making Chris rolled her eyes at her boss, "I'll call you in a few days to check-in."

The drive back to Christina's and Spencer's apartment was quiet. Chris was upset that she would be out of work for at least two weeks and Spencer was worried about his girlfriend. The silence was nice as the two had been surrounded by the team for the past three hours who liked to talk non-stop.

"You want me to go to the store so we actually have food here for you to eat?" Spencer asked as he shut the door to the apartment. Christina sprawled out on the couch that was in their living room.  

"Nah, I'll go later. Just come lay with me," Christina stated. Spencer put his bag down and headed to where his girlfriend was laying.  

"We need to be careful to make sure it doesn't look like we live together if the team comes to visit you," Spencer said as Christina placed her head in his lap. 

"Well then maybe we should try to not throw each other's clothes all over the place," Chris said with a wink.

"No promises," Spencer said leaning in for a kiss.