chapter 8

As Chris was talking to Morgan and Spencer, a small arm pulled her away. 

"Hey- JJ?" Christina said, seeing who pulled her away. 

"Is what everyone is saying true?" JJ asked, pulling her towards where Emily and Penelope were standing.

"What are you talking about?" Chris inquired her friends.

"You and Spence? Everyone saw you two walk-in together, holding hands," Penelope said making Christina's face turn bright red. 

"No- look, it's not what it looks like,-" Christina started.

"So you two just happen to be holding hands," JJ said. 

"And you just happen to have a spare bottle of the pills he needs for his headaches" Emily asked. 

"And you both have the same home address listed on your files," Penelope said, making the 3 girls stare at her, "What, I was just curious one day where everyone lived so I looked."

They all gave her a funny look before turning back to Chris. "So, care to explain?" Emily asked, a cocky smile playing on her lips. 

"Explain what?" Spencer asked walking over to the four girls. Chris bit her lip and turned to face her boyfriend. 

"Girl stuff, don't worry about it. Is Morgan still fixing drinks because I would really like something that has a lot of tequila in it," Chris said with a forced smile. 

An hour later, Christina was tipsy and still hadn't answered Emily's question. She knew it wasn't smart on her behalf to get drunk while her friends were interrogating her about her secret relationship, but she also knew she couldn't get through this night being sober. 

"Spence," Chris said walking over to where Spence was sitting, talking to some co-workers. 

"Chris, you know Ross, right?" Spencer said, gesturing to the man he was speaking to. 

Chris looked over and bitterly smiled. Ross was the guy who had been flirting with Chris for years, even before Spencer and she got together. 

"Yes, good to see you, Ross." "You too Christina, you're dress is beautiful," Ross complimented her, making Spencer clench his jaw. 

"Thank you," Chris said turning the same shade of pink that her dress was, "Spence, can I talk to you alone for a minute."

"Sure, if you'll excuse me," Spencer said standing up. Chris grabbed his wrist and pulled him to Aarons backyard. 

As soon as she shut the patio door, Christina placed her lips on Spencers. 

"Woah," Spencer said, pulling his girlfriend off of him, "What are you doing babe?"

"Kissing you," Chris said calmly. 

"Well, I know that-" Spencer started but was cut off by Christina's lips on his neck, "Why here and now? Our team is 10 feet away."

"I'm drunk and I don't care," Chris admitted, "Plus they're already onto us."

"What?" Spencer said in a high pitch voice.

"Yeah, they know we live together, that I have your medication and that we were holding hands walking into this party tonight."

"Hold on-" Spencer said pushing his girlfriend off of him, "They think we're dating? But we've been so careful."

"I know, but I think our secrets out." Spencer rested his forehead against Christina's. 

"Well, I guess we should go tell the team the truth."

"Everything will change," Chris whispered. 

"I know, but everything will also be okay," Spencer reassured. 

"I love you," Chris said placing a kiss on Spencer's lips. 

"I love you too," Spencer said grabbing Christina's hand and heading inside.