chapter 14

Time passed slowly as JJ and Chris sat in the conference room, waiting to hear back from the team. JJ kept pacing back and forth while Chris swirled back in her chair.

"Ross was the creepy one who always flirted with you right?" JJ asked, breaking the silence.

"He definitely didn't know the word 'no', that's for sure," Chris said, "I think he asked me out as many times as we've been on the jet."

"Goodness," JJ whispered. Chris checked her watch to see that the team had been gone for almost an hour.

JJ left the room to go get another cup of coffee and Christina looked out of the conference room. The office was buzzing with people talking, phones ringing and the clatter of keyboards being typed on. Chris' eyes lead her to the empty desk where Ross worked. She knew exactly where he sat every day because she could often feel his eyes on her.

"Hey Christina," Some called out from behind Chris. She turned around and was greeted with Ross' smiling face.

"Hey Ross," She said, trying to sound kind.

"You need help carrying those?" He asked nodding towards the many case files she had piled in her arms.

"No thank you, I think I can manage."

Ross' face seemed to change in an instant. He did not like it when people turned down help.

"Just trying to be a gentleman, Chris," He said with a forced smile.

"I appreciate it Ross, but I'm okay." Chris did not like it when people used her nickname who were not close to her.

"I really like that skirt you're wearing, is it new?" Ross asked trying to quickly change the subject.

"Actually it is," Chris replied, pursing her lips.

"Ah, I knew I had a good eye."

Chris bit her lip from cursing this man out and walked a little faster to get back to her desk. Ross continued to follow her and make pointless small talk.

"So have you started seeing anyone since I last asked you?" Ross inquired.

"No, I'm married to the job remember?" Christina said opening the BAU door and walking over to her desk.

"Well, you know I'm here if you ever decide to get a divorce."

Chris laughed and nodded her head. Ross smiled back at her and was about to sit on the edge of her desk before she got a phone call.

"Hold on one second," She said to him.

"Agent Hill," She said after picking up the phone.

"He bothering you again?" Spencer said from the other line.

"Yes sir," Christina said, trying to act professional while Ross was standing beside her.

"Want to meet me for lunch at the cafe downtown?" Spencer said with a laugh.

"Yes, I can do that," Chris replied, trying to suppress her smile.

"Okay, I'll see you in ten. I love you," Spencer said.

"Same to you." Christina hung up the phone and looked across the room and saw Spencer putting down his phone and grabbing his bag.

"I'm sorry Ross, I have to go." Chris stood up from her desk and grabbed her coat and wallet before starting to walk away.

"Hey, just remember I'm here if you need me," Ross replied but Christina was out the door before he could get the words out.

Chris sighed and placed her head in her hands. Why did Ross have to be such a creep?

"Hey, Morgan's on line one," JJ said hurrying back into the conference room, disrupting Christina's walk down memory lane.