chapter 15

"He's not here, it looks like he hasn't been here in a while," Morgan said over the phone. 

JJ looked at Christina saying: "Do you think he skipped town, knowing we would figure out it was him?" 

"I guess, but he couldn't have gotten far," Chris replied, "Is his car there?"

"Yep. I guess he could've taken another car or gotten someone to pick him up," Emily said. 

"I'll get Garcia to trace his credit card and see if he's bought a plane ticket or anything," JJ said before stepping out of the room. 

"You guys headed back here?" Chris asked her team. 

"I guess so, I'm not sure what our next move is," Emily admitted. 

"I'm gonna go see Aaron at the hospital, so I won't be here when you guys get back," Chris noted. 

"Okay, we'll call you if we figure anything out," Morgan said before hanging up the phone. 

Christina made sure to let JJ and Garcia know where she was going before heading out of the office. She grabbed her jacket, phone, and keys and made her way to the hospital. 

It was late, but the hospital was still buzzing with people. As Chris walked towards Aarons room she looked at her busy surroundings. She walked up to the hospitality desk and told them she was looking for Aaron Hotchner's room.  

"Little late to be visiting," The nurse who was leading Chris back to Aarons room said. 

"It's been an interesting night," She admitted. The nurse gave her a smile and pushed forward. 

"Here we are," The nurse said walking up to a door and placing her hand on the handle, "He might be asleep and I trust you know that he needs his rest."

"Yes ma'am," Christina replied. The nurse slowly opened the door, trying not to make a sound, and Chris slipped into the room.

Aaron was passed out on the hospital bed. He seemed peaceful so Chris put her things down and sat in the empty chair in the corner of the room. 

She pulled her legs up to her chest and looked around the room. The lights from the machines Aaron was hooked up to made the room look blue. 

Christina realized this was the first moment she's had alone all night. As she drew in a deep breath, a tear slipped down her face. She wiped it away and shook her head. It was not the time to break down. 

"Chris?" Aaron said from the hospital bed.

"Hey," She replied, standing up and walking over to his bedside, "I'm sorry I snuck in so late. I just needed to see you."

"I'm glad you came," Hotch said, sitting up in bed. "You need anything?"

"Pain meds," Aaron laughed. "Anything I can get you?" Christina insisted. 

"Tell me about the case."

"Hotch are you sure you want to-"Christina said.

"Please Chris, I need to know what's going on."

"Well, we have a suspect," Chris said, going back over to sit in the chair, "Ross Green."

"What?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, we all remember him walking into the kitchen but don't remember him leaving out the front door."

"He wasn't in the kitchen when I was heading in there before the bomb went off," Aaron stated.

"Well, he must have snuck out a window or something Hotch," Chris said shaking her head.

"Chris, the window in the kitchen is painted shut," Hotch explained. Chris looked at him dead in the eyes and saw how serious he was being. 

"Shit," Chris said standing up, grabbing her phone and going to call her team.