Part 7

Daniel

I was up in the dance room in the third floor of my house. The music was turned up a little too loudly but I didn't really care to turn it down. Besides, one could barely hear it from downstairs. The room had wooden floor and was wide with a huge mirror ahead. I was dancing to 'Justin Timberlake can't stop the feeling'. I had been at this for more than two hours now, just making up dancing moves to the song.

I know I should be in bed like mom said, but I felt all better a few hours ago and I was getting tired of just sitting in my bed with absolutely nothing to do. It made me to reminisce about the dream that I had too many times, thinking about how terrible it was to the point that I started bleeding and blacked-out.

I couldn't stand it and since dancing always made me feel better, it seemed like the best thing to do. And it was helping me to feel better just as I knew.

I noticed a vague figure peering through the window of the dance room from the mirror that was in front of me. I grabbed the remote behind me to turn the volume of the music down. I turned around and the door knob turned. In came Alec catching me by surprise. Had he been looking at me dancing? How did he even get inside the house?

"You're really good." He looked impressed. There was something else I think. He also looked surprised.

"How did you get in?" I asked him.

"Your guards remembered me from yesterday." He said.

"Were you just standing out there staring at me?" I gestured to the window he had been peering through.

"Not intentionally. I came up here after one of the maids told me I'd find you here and that's when I found you dancing." He shrugged, not seeing a big deal at all.

I guess I needed to chill. He is my friend after all so it wasn't a big deal that he saw me dancing. It's just that, no one has ever seen me dance. Not even my family though they know I have a great love for it. I just didn't have the confidence to dance in front of people so I never did.

"I wanted to check if you were fine." He said "Why didn't you come to school today?"

It was weird to have someone besides my family worry about me and wonder why I miss a day of school. But it was a good type of weird. I considered telling him about the dream I had and how it gave me a headache after, but I wasn't that close to him to trust him. I was still sceptical about a cool kid like him wanting to be friends with a kid like me.

"I had a headache." I decided to tell him half the truth.

"Oh. So I see you're all better now."

"Yah, it didn't last very long."

"That's good. Can you teach me the dance moves you were doing?" He asked but before I could reply he goes to grab the remote on the chair behind me and turns the volume up again.

I wanted to protest and say I don't want to but what was the point? He had already seen me dance and he said I was pretty good. So instead, I decided to teach him. I was surprised of how much of a good dancer he was.

He was a fast learner and it didn't take him long to learn the dance moves I had been doing. We decided to mix it up with some of his dance moves and soon, we had a full on unique routine of both our dance moves combined. It was pretty fun to dance with him because besides all his coolness, I realised Alec was pretty hilarious.

He was such a jokster and there were some times when he was goofing around the whole room doing some pretty ridiculous dance moves.

"Okay." I said between my giggles. He was doing some silly dance move that looked like the worst break dance attempt ever. "Please stop."

"Okay so kneel down in front of me." He said about five minutes later as we attempted to do some move he claimed was the best move he's invented. He says he tried to do it with his friend before but it was a total failure. "And I'm going to jump on top of you and the second I hit the ground, you do a hand stand to land on my back with your hands."

It sounded pretty dangerous, but I wasn't surprised because Alec was pretty crazy at times. He did the most dangerous of things ever.

"Have you ever succeeded before when you did this with anyone?" I asked and he shook his head "Are you trying to kill me?" I asked.

The hand stand to land on his back on my hands would mean I have to flip twice in the air before I land. That was crazy.

"No. You got this."

"Well since you're pretty good too and you invented this move, why don't you do the flip?"

"Fine, you're such a wimp." He ridiculed me. I wasn't offended this time though. I learned not to take him too seriously. But him calling me a wimp made me want to do it just to prove I wasn't.

"Fine. I'll do the hand-flip."

It was pretty scary as I kneeled waiting for him to jump me but as soon as he hit the floor kneeling, I did the hand flip. I had to jump really high so that I could flip twice and I landed on top of him on my arms. I stood on my arms, struggling a bit to balance for a few seconds before I let my feet hit the ground. Alec stood up and turned around, looking astonished.

"I knew could do it." He said grinning. "I just can't believe you managed to do it on your first try."

"That was crazy." I said as my heart slowed down. I can do hand flips, that I know. But to flip in the air and land on my arms, I didn't think I could.

"You're really good." I said to Alec after we turned down the music. We were both sweating right now, and breathing pretty heavily.

"Me?" He asked "You're the one that's good."

Alec

"Alec, would you stop coming home so late?" My big cousin Nancy, who was sixteen, scolded me as I entered the house.

"The sun is still up." I said looking outside.

"It's almost six." She said.

I hadn't realised that it was that late. I guess I lost track of time when I was at Daniel's house dancing. The kid just keeps on surprising me. I would have never guessed he was great at dancing.

I love dance. Ever since I found out there was such a thing as dance, I've never stopped loving it. Neither of my friends love it nor are they even able to dance, except for Daniel. If people could see him dance, he'd turn from the nerd weird rich kid, to the coolest kid in the school.

"Hello?" Nancy yelled waving her hand in front of my face. She had a short temper and was really sassy.

"Alec I mean it. I won't let you get me in trouble like always. A ten year old shouldn't be wondering around the streets at a time like this."

"The sun's still up and it's not like I'm five years old or something. I can take care of myself." I told her.

But she just rolled her eyes and walked away, telling me to not mess with her or she'll tell my parents I came home late. The bargain I had with parents for play time was that I should always be home before five. And it was almost six so I decided to just stay on her good side because if my mom found out, I'd never hear the end of it.