Part 8

Daniel

I woke the next day feeling relieved that I didn't have any nightmares. It took me a long time to finally allow my drowsy eyes to close last night.

I slept past midnight, with the bedroom light on. I lied for hours before then, staring at the galaxy that was my ceiling. It helped to escape, to feel like I'm in a different place at a different time, reminding me the reason I begged mom to allow me to make a galaxy ceiling.

She'd thought it was crazy, a waste of money and a waste of time. But I saw how she looked at it when it was done, though she didn't admit she liked it, I could tell she did.

Today, I was going to my Aunt Jane's house. She was the mother of Allie, my annoying cousin. I went there a lot over the weekends.

I quickly bathed and drove there with my mom in her car. I was glad I didn't have to go with the limo, because I bet I would have had to if mom wasn't going with me.

"When were you going to tell me you had a friend?" My mom blurted out while driving, catching me by surprise. How did she even know that? One of the maids or guards must have probably told her.

"Um..." I struggled for an answer "I don't know." I frankly didn't think she'd like the idea of me having a friend because of how controlling she is.

"You should have told me. That's great news." She said surprising me.

"I thought you'd be mad." I admitted.

"Honey, and why exactly would I be mad that you made a friend? If anything I'm happy."

I guess I should've known mom would be happy for me. After all, with all the bullying and everything, I need friends more than ever.

"So, when am I going to get to meet this friend?" She asked.

"I don't know. Maybe on Monday if you're home." I said knowing how busy she always is.

"Well I can't wait to meet your friend."

Alec

I woke up the next morning and the weirdest thing was that the first thing that popped up in my mind was Daniel and I dancing at his house yesterday.

It was so weird that I just wanted to jump out of bed and go and hang out with the nerd kid the whole day. I went at around noon though, and when I got to his house, his guards informed me he wasn't at home. That was a disappointment.

What was wrong with me? I had other friends anyway but I never got this disappointed when I couldn't hang out with them.

I was starting to get too attached to this kid and I've only been his friend for two days. I remembered that he had given me his phone numbers yesterday. I found myself already taking out my phone to text him before my mind could catch up.

Daniel

"Daniel!" Allie yelled my name way too loud for my liking.

We had arrived at her house a few hours ago and I was sitting on the couch watching my favourite dance show. She had said something a while ago about going to hang out with her friends but then I think she came back and ran to her room.

I wasn't really paying attention because my mind has been glued to the TV screen ever since I arrived. Mom and Aunt Jane have been sitting outside on the porch ever since we arrived.

"What?" I yelled directing my voice to upstairs where she was in her room.

Aunt Jane's house was an ordinary beautiful double room house that was just ordinary sized. It was not nearly as big as my house. That's one of the reasons I loved visiting. It made me feel like an ordinary kid.