Part 10

Alec

Daniel texted me a while ago asking me the address to my house. I didn't go out to play today after coming back from church. I just didn't feel like it.

I think I was getting tired of playing with my other friends, maybe bored too. It's like the only friend I had fun playing with was Daniel.

I was getting too attached to this kid and it was pretty disconcerting but yet pleasant. I just never imagined I'd like hanging out with someone this much, especially a nerd kid. I always thought nerd kids were boring and disinteresting, but not Daniel.

"Hey mom." I found my mom in the kitchen cooking. She lifted her gaze from the food in front of her and waited for me to continue "I have a friend that's coming to hang out."

My mom looked perplexed at why I was telling her this. She knew all of my friends liked coming to hang out sometimes but she just didn't know I meant a new friend who's from a wealthy family. I mean what are you even supposed to offer rich kids when they come to your house?

"It's a new friend." I said making her to understand. I didn't tell her about the part of him being from a rich family. The kid pretty much loathes being from a rich family anyway so it wouldn't make a difference.

"Okay. That's nice dear." She said "Is it a girl?" She thought maybe I was telling her this because it's a girl? I scrunched my noise in disgust and shook my head.

"No it's a boy." I said much too loudly making her to laugh at my expression.

"Okay dear, I'll meet him as soon as he arrives."

Daniel came by a few minutes later after that. I was surprised at how quickly he had arrived. I opened the door and found him standing there, wearing black jeans and a white shirt with sneakers.

You couldn't tell at all that he was from a rich family considering the way he was dressed. The clothes were nice but ordinary, something I could be caught wearing.

I realised the reason he managed to get to my house quickly was due to the bicycle lying on the grass outside. He must have drove it here.

"Hey." I greeted him

"Hi." He replied

"You can come in." I opened the door wider realising he wasn't making any move to get in. Contrary to me, I would have gotten inside before I was even given permission.

I closed the door behind me once he got inside. "My mom is in the kitchen if you want to meet her. She wanted to meet you." I said much too quickly.

"Okay." He said. I didn't get what he was saying okay to before he asked "Where's the kitchen?"

I pointed ahead to the hall way in front of us. He followed my direction and walked ahead until reaching the kitchen. I followed slowly behind.

"You must be Alec's new friend." I heard mom say before I got there.

"Hi Mrs Mendel. I'm Daniel." He said when I got there. His cheeks were slightly flushed and he looked a bit nervous as he greeted my mom with a hand shake. I didn't even know he knew my surname. I didn't reckon I knew his.

"Hi Daniel. It's very nice to meet you." My mom greeted him with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Uh do you need anything like juice?" My mom asked.

"Um...water." He said before my mom went over to the sink and poured him a glass of water. My mom was nice to all my friend, but I have to admit, she was being extra nice to Daniel.