Prologue

Hi! So, this is my first fanfic. I don't like grammar mistakes, so if I make any please let me know. If I spell any of the names or planets wrong just let me know and I'll fix it. Bear with me as I try to find my writing style, and try to find how to work Wattpad. Thank you, and enjoy!

Your POV

"Please be safe," I said as Shiro was getting ready to leave for the Kerberos mission. "Of course, y/n. You be safe too, ok?" I giggled as I said "Come on, Shiro. You know me!" He smiled, "Exactly."

Shiro is my older brother, and he's very protective of me. He always has been. I didn't want him to go on this mission, because it could be very dangerous, but he said he needed to do this. 

As I was hugging Shiro, the realization hit that I wouldn't see him for several months and my tears started to fall. He noticed this, and said "Oh, y/n. I'll miss you too. I'll be safe, and I'll come back. I promise." I pulled away and wiped my tears but they kept coming. What if he didn't come back? What if he got hurt? I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming closer behind me, and I tried to compose myself. When I turned around, I saw Matt, Katie, and Keith. I hugged Matt and stood by Katie. Keith hugged Shiro and Shiro said he wanted to talk to Keith for a minute. 

Keith and I have been going out for a couple months now, and he's been great. I really like him, and so does Shiro. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it finished in a "bro hug". As the ship flew off, I pondered how different life would be without Shiro, even if it was just for a few months.

So, first chapter done. Sorry it was short, I'll try to make the next one longer. I also need a cover, so if you want to make one I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks for reading and please let me know how I can improve and if you liked this chapter. Bye!