Nightmares

I'm sorry for updating so often, but I don't have much to do right now and this keeps my mind off my stress so I'll continue to update regularly and take requests for more stories if you have any! I'm up for any fandom (if I don't know it, I'll do research). Just let me know! Enjoy! [edit: sorry if you get false updates frequently, that's just me fixing the chapter with grammar mistakes. if the update is not on Saturday (for this story), then it's just a fix so you can ignore it]

Your POV

I walked to my room to get it set up, even though I was exhausted from the battle. My room was right across from Keith's so i planned to go hang out with him after I finnished. I hung up Polaroids of Shiro and I, Keith and I, and Katie and I on a string with fairy lights. I giggled at all the memories as I hung them up. I worked on my bed next, with pillows and a blanket. My nightstand consitsted of a lamp, and a picture of my dog, Thumper, because I missed him very much. I got lost in thought as I put away the rest of my clothes, and set up my bathroom. I had a couple of funny pictures of Keith and I left, and decided to bring them with me to his room with me. I walked up to his door, and knocked. The door opened to a smiling Keith. I walked in, and said, "I found these pictures of us and don't have any room for them." He nodded, and said, "Thanks. I'll put them on my wall." I nodded and heard a knock at the door. Keith opened the door to Shiro standing there. I gasped and said, "Shiro! Uh you see, we can explain." He just smiled and said, "I figured you two were back together. I don't mind, but uh, y/n could I talk to you for a second?" I nodded and followed him out the door. He said, "I think you and Keith make a great couple, y/n and I know he will treat you well. I trust him. If he ever hurts you though, let me know." I giggled and said, "Thanks, I will. Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?" He shook his head and said, "No. I wanted to know how you were doing." I looked down and said, "I'm ok. They don't know, so I don't want to tell them because I don't want them all walking on eggshells around us. Honestly, I didn't really know myself until I heard Sendak's voice. It's the same one I hear in the nightmares." He nodded and asked, "How are the nightmares? Have they gone away at all?" I shook my head. "They got worse when you left. I haven't slept much since we found you, so I don't know. I guess I'll see tonight." He nodded again. "Let me know if they're worse." I nodded. He hugged me, and walked away. I took a few deep breaths, and walked back into Keith's room.

 "Everything ok?" I nodded, and sat on his bed. He sat next to me, and said, "You sure?" I didn't want to tell him, so I just said, "It's hard to explain right now." He nodded, but looked unsatisfied with my answer. It was getting late, so I decided to go back to my room. I said, "It's getting late and I'm pretty tired. I'll see you tomorrow ok?" He said, "Ok. See you tomorrow." I walked out, and went into my room laying down on my bed, lost in thought. I soon fell asleep.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I was hiding under my bed after I heard the loud noises, and dared to go onto the staircase to see what was going on. There was a huge purple ship outside, and tons of people getting out on it, including my parents. I ran back upstairs to wake up Shiro. I got into his room and shook him awake. "Shiro! Wake up! It's mommy and daddy!" He woke up with a start, and I took him to the downstairs window, showing him the Galra ship. We ran outside, and I heard a voice behind me. "Well hello there." We turned to see a purple cat-looking thing staring at us and laughing. He kicked us out of the way as he walked to the ship. Shiro took me back inside and we hid until morning

I woke up screaming. Keith ran in, and looked ready for a fight, but also half asleep. He soon realized there was no danger, and looked at me. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" He shook his head, and said, "It's ok. Are you ok? Did you have a nightmare?" I nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" I nodded. He was going to find out eventually, might as well be now. Besides, maybe if I talk about them, they'll go away. "It was about my parents. When I was six, and Shiro was thirteen (just pretend, ok?), our parents were taken by the Galra. I didn't know until I heard Sendak's voice, and we were on that Galra ship which looked like the one that took our parents. I've been having nightmares about it as long as I can remember. They got really bad when Shiro went missing, and just haven't gotten better." He asked, "Does Shiro know?" I nodded, saying "Yes. That's what he wanted to talk to me about earlier. Could you not tell anyone yet? I'm not ready yet." Keith looked at me for a second, and nodded as I said, "Can you stay with me tonight?" He smiled and nodded. We layed down, and he put his arm around me, holding me close. I fell asleep quickly, feeling safe, and didn't have any nightmares the rest of the night.

Sorry for the short chapter (again), but I really enjoyed not following the episode. I still will in the future, but it was nice to play with the characters and backgrounds a bit. So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading, bye💖