Greening the Cube

Thank you all so much for 3k reads :)

Y/n POV

Allura told us that we needed to repair some things on the outside of the ship, so we put on our suits and got out there. The armor made my arm feel a little better, but it was still extremely painful.

"Let's hurry up with these repairs," Shiro instructed, "Zarkon could be here at any moment. Hunk turned and pulled this thing on the ship. "Ok, panel's off. Now, what?" He asked. "Very simple," Coran started. Knowing Coran, this was going to be anything but simple.

"Just Olsen the blaxums on the somoflange." Hunk clearly had no idea what Coran wanted him to do. "Could you be more specific?" Hunk asked. "Sorry Hunk," Allura answered, "he means the the poklones on the agroclams." Well, that cleared it up.

"No, that doesn't help." Hunk told her. "Easy, Hunk," Lance pitched in, "I got this." I rolled my eyes. He pressed a bunch of buttons and an alarm started blaring. Allura and Coran were correcting him with words we didn't understand.

"What are you talking about?" Keith asked harshly. Katie went up to it and fixed it. She started obsessing over it, like she always does. "It's not a sunset, Pidge," Lance said. Hunk sudden,y got hit in the face with some weird gray goo stuff. We were flying into a huge field of them.

"Alright, were prepared for this," Shiro said as if these things were attacking us or posing any threat at all, "Remember your rouge projectile cluster from the Garrison." We activated our shields to stop them from hitting us.

"First, we need a temporary shelter." He said. He got hit in the back of the head with one of the blobs. "Oh, sorry, Shiro," Lance said. "I was trying to hit Keith." He got hit next. "Like that," I turned to see Keith holding another blob and chuckling.

"Yes!" Hunk exclaimed, "Squishy asteroid fight!" I giggled and grabbed one of the blobs, throwing it at Keith. I missed and hit Lance, who hit Shiro then me. Keith threw one at me, so I threw one at him then Shiro.

I grabbed another one, and threw hard with my left arm at Lance. Big mistake. It hurt so badly I reached my right hand to it to find some relief and I knew my face showed how bad it really hurt. I saw that I had missed Lance, and that Keith was looking at me.

His smile morphed into a face of concern so I quickly dropped my right arm, and grabbed another blob. I noticed Katie standing out of the range of fire, examining the blobs. She said something about a code within the pulsing of the blob.

"A code?" I asked, "From who?" "I don't know," she answered, "I mean, it makes no sense. You can't program a spore." "If anyone can figure it out, it's you Pidge," Shiro said. I hit him in the face with another 'spore'.

"Before that," Allura said, "everyone needs to come in for decontamination."

Time skip

I followed Keith to his room, but I didn't say anything  I just sat next to him. He pulled out his knife, looking at it intently. I sighed. I knew he wouldn't get over it that quickly. We heard a beep at the door, so I dove into the corner, and he hid he knife as Coran appeared in the doorway.

"Have you seen a mouse come through here?" He asked Keith, "He has something of mine." "Uh...no," Keith responded. "I'll find you, Platt," Coran said, walking away. "Wait, Coran!" Keith followed him out of the room.

I was walking back to my room when Katie's voice rang throughout the castle. "Guys, check this out!" We all went to the hangar with her lion, which is where she was running her experiments.

"I've seen this experiment!" Hunk said, "But, question: Why do we need to get electricity from a potato?"

"What?" Katie responded, "No, no. I was able to crack the 'sporse code'," she said, chuckling. She was rambling on about some guy named Turing, when Keith, growing impatient, interrupted her, "Pidge! What does it say?"