Shiro's Escape {part 2}

Recap

Finally, Shiro came around the corner and hit the guy. The guy was about to hit Shiro, when he stopped. He backed up a little, and took off his mask.

"Ulaz?" Shiro asked. Allura came from behind him and pushed him against the wall. "Who are you?" She questioned him.

"Stop," Shiro interrupted, "It's him! This is the Galra who set me free." When Shiro said 'Galra' I turned to Keith. His eyes had a mixture of desperation and sadness. I turned back to Allura and Shiro.

"You've come" Ulaz said.

Your POV

Allura insisted we put him in these Altean handcuffs and we sit him in the lounge area. "I don't think this is necessary," Shiro told her. "I will not have some quiznaking Galra soldier on the bridge of my ship," she responded. 

"If I wanted to kill you," Ulaz said, "you'd be dead already." "That's comforting," I mumbled to which Keith chuckled. "Are your Galra threats supposed to win my trust?" Allura asked him.

"I'm not trying to win your trust," he told her, "I'm trying to win a war. And because of Shiro, we are closer than we've ever been. Our gamble on you paid off better than we could have ever imagined." 

"When you released me, you also mentioned that there were others working with you," Shiro said. "Yes," Ulaz answered, "We are called the Blade of Marmora." That means that symbol doesn't mean Galra. Maybe Keith's mom was a part of this Balde thing. Which means he's not a hybrid at all.

"Uh, others? Are they here?" Hunk asked timidly. "Hunk, can you try not to act so scared around the chained-up prisoner?" Lance instructed, "It makes us seem a little lame." 

"I am alone on this base," Ulaz answered Hunk. "What is this bass you're talking about?" Allura questioned, "Shiro's coordinates just led us to this wasteland."

"The bass is hidden," Ulaz explained, "Now that I know it is Shiro that has come, you are welcome to our outpost. It lies dead ahead." "Behind all the xanthorium clusters?" Katie asked.

"No," he answered, "Right in front of it, in a hidden pocket of space-time." "Coran," Allura called, "Are you hearing this?" 

"I am picking up some kind of anomaly on the screen," he told us, "I suppose it could be a cloaked base." 

"Just fly straight for the center of the xanthorium cluster," Ulaz told him, "You will see." "You think you're going to get me to destroy our ship just because you say so?" Allura said. 

"We came out here to find some answers," Shiro told her, "Are we going to turn back now?" 

"You know I trust you Shiro," Keith started, "but this doesn't feel right." "And you know I'd hate to agree with Keith," Lance interjected, "but it's a big fat ditto for me."

I didn't know what to think. Should we trust this person that only Shiro knows? "Galra could have implanted fake memories of the escape in your head," Katie told him.

"Oh, come on, that would be so evil, which, of course, they are," Hunk said, "But they'd have to come up with some molecular level storage unit, which his hand does have." 

"She's right," I said quietly. Shiro turned to me. I couldn't even look at him, so I kept my eyes on the floor. "They could've implanted fake memories," I said meeting his gaze. He looked so hurt and disappointed. I looked down again.

"Ulaz freed me," he argued with us, "Without him, we wouldn't be here...I wouldn't be here." He turned to me as he said that last part. "Fine." Allura said.