Defending The Title

'It's time, you have to do this...'

The boy thought to himself, small yellow pokemon on his shoulder. 

'Cynthia would have wanted you to heal and be yourself again...'

It was a weekend and he was walking to the house next door, without any real certainty he knocked on the door.

'Here we go.'

"Ash?" the door opened to reveal a girl, her short honey blonde hair a mess as she wore her sleeping clothes.

"Hey Serena, can you uh-can you help me with something?" Ash asked her.

"I guess so..." Serena yawned, "Lemme get dressed first."

She dissapeared back into the house and a ten minutes later she opened the door again. 

"What did you need?" she asked the boy.

"I'm bad with clothes and I need your help to buy new ones." he told her, "I know that who I am now isn't who Cynthia wanted me to be and it isn't me. It isn't Ash."

"Let's do it." she replied, a grin coming to her face.

I suppose I should catch you up? Well...

Flashback

"I scare people, when I get like this..."

"I already told you that I'm not scared, I never will be."

"Do you know why my eyes do this?"

"No but your mom said it's why you go by Red, or at least what gave you the idea..."

"My eyes respond to emotion, along with this..."

His hand began to glow blue as aura formed above it, but it quickly changed to red and it became wild; almost like it was alive and angry.

"But it was blue earlier."

"Yeah, Greninja keeps me calm with our bond but I can't just keep it up all the time. It's an exhausting thing for the both of us."

"Well then... from now on I'll help you stay calm."

"How?"

"Like this."

Red felt a pair of arms wrap around him, the red that lingered in his eyes faded. Then, they began to turn to a a soft orange. Serena pulled back from the hug and looked at his eyes,

"What's orange mean?"

"Happiness..."

Present

"What look are you going for?"

"No clue." Ash said, a small smile forming on his face.

"Oh! Tell me the colors of your emotions!" Serena exclaimed suddenly.

"Orange means passion and energy but when it deepens to red its anger; then pink is stuff like kindness as it gets lighter it becomes love and the darker it gets it becomes jealousy and daring. Yellow is happiness and creativity, joy and positivity. Green is calm and serene, it can turn to curiosity as well. Blue can be excitement, but also uncertainty; and it can mean bravery and stability as well. Black means fear, and contemplation; thoughtfulness." he told her, "But they can be other things to depending on shades and stuff."

"What about the color your eyes are now?"

"Brown? That's just how my eyes are, they only change with extreme emotion."