16 Nathan: Searching

Sixteen 

Nathan: Searching

Keah and I had been searching for about fifteen minutes. I was glad I had gotten paired with Keah, but upset at the same time, because I wasn't with Whitney.

Seth was paired with her, and I didn't exactly like that. I don't think Whitney likes him, but that could always change, and I was worried about that. 

"Deep in thought?" Keah asked, skeptical of the look on my face.

"Just worried about Levi." I said. It wasn't exactly a lie, I really was worried about him.

"I am too." She said, I knew she could see I wasn't being completely honost, but she didn't push me to tell her. That was one of the things I loved about Keah.

"Where do you think he could possibly be?" I asked.

"I have no idea." Keah said, "Maybe a Dip & Dots stand? He was talking about wanting some just before he disappeared."

"Hmmm... maybe. There's one right there, we can see if he's near it." I said as I pointed to the nearest stand.

We walked closer to the stand, but saw no sign of Levi. Keah walked up to the girl at the stand. "The Ice Cream of the Future." That was Dip & Dots slogan, I didn't blame Levi for wanting some, their ice cream, shaped like tiny little balls, was really good.

"uhm, hi." Keah smiled at the blonde girl, "did you happen to see a little boy with brown, curly hair come through here?"

The blonde was working the stand near the vortex and the racer. "There are a lot of kids that come through here." She said, rolling her eyes. Her nametag read "Tiffany"

"So you don't remember?" Keah asked.

"No." Tiffany was rude, and no help at all.

Keah walked away, "well, no luck."

"God, this sucks. What if something really bad happened to him?" I asked, as we walked toward the Happy Days restaurant, based on the old TV show.

"We can't think like that." Keah said, "we have to be positive."

"I know, its just hard not to think the worst."

"Tell me about it."

We had been in all the shops and even some lines looking for Levi. It was hard to believe an hour had already passed. But it had, and we were walking to the front of the park to meet up with everyone at the fountain. We were the last to get there, what with our assigned location being the furthest away. Whitney and Seth were arguing with Amber and Brody, and hardly stopped when Keah and I approached.

"It makes no sense!" Seth was saying.

"And what? Were supposed to trust what you say after you lost your own brother over chick-fil-a!?" Brody tried to keep from yelling, so as not to bring attention to us.

"He's right." Whitney said, "I have this crazy gut feeling that he's alright."

"Exactly. 'Crazy' gut feelings aren't going to get us anywhere." Amber said.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

"Seth and I think we should wait to tell management. We think one of us six will find him, and I know he's okay." Whitney explained, "However, Amber and Brody don't think it's such a good idea."

"We'll put it to a vote." Brody decided, "Whitney, think we should tell?"

"No."

"Seth?"

"No."

"Amber?"

"Yes."

"I obviously do. Keah?"

"No."

"Ugh, Nate?"

"Let's wait. I get where their coming from."

"God! Fine! But you guys have one hour. If he hasn't shown up by then we're telling." Brody threatened.

"That sounds very reasonable." Whitney said.

"Seth and Whitney, you guys stay with the gift shops. Nate and Keah trade spots with me and Amber, you'll take kiddy land and we'll get your old spot." Brody took charge.

"Alright." I said. Keah and I headed off. 

.... 

Kiddy land was hopeless. WE had been looking for thirty minutes already and had circled at least three times.

"What about the waterpark?" Keah asked, "No one even thought to look there."

"Good thinking. He's obviously not here. Let's go." I agreed, and we went off on the path to Boomerang Bay.