1

First day of high school and I'm totally not ready. I've been so unprepared and just couldn't sleep last night. I've been up all night with my friend texting me because we were having the same problems.

I'm sitting in the car as my mom drives me to school. Yeah, wow I can't drive myself what a loser. Well, I don't have my own car so that's the issue. Honestly, it's so much better than having to deal with traffic and trying to find parking spaces closest to the school. My stomach churns and does that weird roller coaster feeling as we approach the high school. I just hate having to deal with new teachers and probably some new people who transferred or something. I say a quick goodbye to my mom and hop out of the car.

I tried to find some and my friends and met up with friends who had the same first period as me which is PE. Okay, ew. I hope I make it into a sport soon so I don't have to stay in Pe.

My friend, Katy and I took a seat on the left side if the bleachers in the gym when suddenly I spot a familiar curly headed blonde. Okay seriously!? I'm honestly so done, why is he here. He's a guy, shouldn't he already be in a sport ugh.

"Okay, kids. I'm your gym teacher, Mr. Shoffley. If you can please move so all of you are closer together. I don't wanna have to yell if you're all spread out like that," the gym teacher looks exactly like my gum teacher last year that it's kinda scary how similar they look. Everyone scoots closer and some even move completely to the bottom row of bleachers. Someone was stomping up the benches when I realized it was him. Ugh why is he doing this. Does he just want to ruin my life?

"Oh hey there Jenna! I've missed you since summer school. You just can't get enough of me, huh?" Ashton looked into my eyes trying to look all sincere and nice.

"Yeah, I'm sure you missed me. And of course, I can't ever get enough of you. You were so annoying behind me," I replied sarcastically. He stared at me for a good 5 seconds before he did that small chuckle to himself he always does and puts his attention back on Mr. Shoffly.

We were lead outside to the back of the gym, then we went up a few stairs and made it to the entrance of the pool.

"Back here guys," Mr. Shoffley announced. We all followed him where he stopped at a curb that was painted with numbers from 1, continuing all the way to what I can see so far, which was about 26. "This is where we meet for class and where I call role so each of you will have a number that you sit on or stand on one of the numbers." One by one, someone would go sit on their number each time he called whoever was next. Soon my name was called and I sat down on my number.

I wasn't paying attention when I saw Ashton coming closer. I groaned out loud and made my slightly annoyed face,"Ugh why does this have to be freaking alphabetical order." He sighed and sat down really close to me. This curb was super thin to sit on and the numbers were not even spaced out far enough, so basically if Ashton put his arm around me it looked like we were cuddling and I pushed him off or something. It pretty damn close.

Ashton leaned in and guess freaking what. He put his arm around my shoulders and laid his head in the crook of my neck. I freak out and push him off hard. "Hey, don't deny that you love me, Jen-Jen."

I turned and glared at him. "Stop, please oh my god." A few minutes went by and thank god the bell finally rang. Today seemed to drag on and finally I'm home. I made it through the first day of high school.

I really hope this year goes by fast.