Part 19

Tyler

Josh' words had been roaming around in my mind all night; "It's worth a shot. If it goes to shit, you never have to see her again if you don't want to."

Maybe he was right? I had no idea what I was afraid of losing.

That night, I spent a few hours thinking about it and decided that maybe I should give it a shot. I could apologise and finally move on.

...But apologise and explain was definitely all I was going to do. I wasn't going to hit on her. I wasn't going to start flirting with her again. I would apologise and then I would go back to enjoy the rest of the night with Josh. It would, after all, be the last night we had before the tour would officially end. Tomorrow evening, we'd be on a Columbus-bound airplane and I could actually feel myself getting excited about finally going home to America.

After a lot of thought, I eventually decided that I couldn't go home without talking to her. I had to if I ever wanted to move on.

-

"So!" Josh asked me an hour before we had to leave the hotel, "I have a confession!"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to wear a suit tonight.."

"You're serious? At the Brit Awards you said that you'd wear comfortable clothes at the next award show."

"I know," Josh sighed, "But we're probably going to look back on this performance for the rest of our lives. And I don't want to look like I don't have my shit together when we're going to perform with Muse!"

"This doesn't sound like you.." I squinted my eyes at him.

Josh made a small noise as if he didn't know what to say next.

"You play the drums half-naked."

"Yes, well. Maybe I'll stop doing that too then," he said defiantly, crossing his arms.

"Just tell me what it is.."

"Alright, alright! Enough with the third degree! I'll be wearing a suit because it looks fucking badass with this hair colour!"

"Your hair? Your hair?"

"Yes, my hair!"

"This time, you've lost it," I rolled my eyes at him, "I expect you'd want me to wear something similar then?"

"Nope - you can do whatever you like. But if I know you - and I think I do - you'd want to wear something similar so you won't come off as a bum while I look cool alone."

"Shit, you're right," I said and pulled out my dress shirt from my suitcase. I had really been looking forward to go to this thing in just a hoodie but maybe the suit was better - for the pictures' sake anyway........and maybe just a little bit for Ivy too.