1

That night you and Jungkook, your colleague and your best friend since kindergarten, left work a little early to celebrate your birthday. You entered his house and saw a cake already lit up with candles. He switched the switch on to illuminate the room in an instance almost blinding you. From behind the sofa and table people jumped up screaming.

"Happy Birthday Sun Hee!" You noticed familiar faces of a lot of your friends, Mrs. Jeon, and you turned around to find Jungkook smiling. Jungkook who obviously organised the party as he led you towards the cake and everyone else. He smiled at you and you close your eyes to blow the candles. You take a moment to make a wish and smile at Jungkook.
.
.
.
The party didn't end until late at night. You were exhausted as you opened gifts and gave hugs to everyone. That night, all you wanted to do was hit the bed and sleep. You noticed the clock and it was almost 2 AM. You bed everyone a good night and headed towards your apartment building, Jungkook accompanying you as always.

You two talked all the way to your building as always.

"You know, if any guy was to propose to me, I'd want it to be memorable. Like I want it to be done in a place where we would have a lot of memories together. And also I want it caught on tape. I'd like to look at it once I'm old."

"Don't you mean old and ugly?" Jungkook laughed while you elbowed him on his chest"

"You are going to be the ugly one loser."

"Hey you can never call this handsome face ugly."

Soon enough you reached your building. You both said bye to each other and you headed upstairs.

As you were taking out your keys out to open the door, you saw a note stuck on your door from the landlady. You grabbed the note and you unlocked the door.

You looked towards your left to see boxes outside of the apartment that used to be empty. Someone might have moved in. You went to your room and stuck the note on your lamp. After refreshing up a bit, your face finally felt fresh from the day of stress and your boss giving you extra assignments. The day was over only the next day to be an early start. It was almost 3. You groaned as you laid on your back and read the note.

"Happy birthday Sun Hee! I hope you enjoyed your day! I couldn't get to you today, but I thought you would like to know. There will be someone moving into the apartment next door tonight. Hope you treat your new neighbor with care!
-Landlady"

"So that's what the boxes were for."you didn't bother wasting any more seconds as you switched the lamp off and shut your eyes to escape into dreamland.
.
.
.
.
.
You woke up at the sound of your alarm. You groaned loudly as were really tired, so you didn't bother changing from your oversized black hoodie. You got ready, grabbed your bag and locked the door. The boxes seemed to disappear. Maybe the neighbor was a morning person. Curiosity killed you. You didn't even know if it was a guy, a girl or lgbtq.

You greeted your neighbors on the way downstairs. As you got out of the building, you passed Jungkook's house. He left for work early. You spotted his mom leaving the bakery. She was nice enough to bake you that cake, so you decided to go say thanks. "Hi Mrs. Jeon! How are you doing? Of to get some vegetables I see."

"Right as always Sun Hee. Oh, also Jungkook had some urgent work so he rushed to work first thing in the morning."

"Thanks for letting me know."