3

"I invited Taehyung over for our picnic."

Jungkook suddenly stopped eating his bread and looked at you with a mouth full of bread. He looked like he almost choked. After swallowing, he spoke.

"What?"

"I said I invited Taehyung. Is that a problem?"

"Why didn't you ask me before?"

"Well I sorta bumped into him this morning and he wanted to hang out. And I didn't want him to feel bad, you know, he's my neighbor and my colleague and he's new here."

"But I thought it was just going to be the two of us. Don't you think it will be awkward?"

"Why would it be awkward? It's not like it's a date or anything."

"Yeah." He looked at you with a mad face. Almost ready to punch someone.

"I'm sorry Kook don't be mad. If I knew it would make you feel bad I wouldn't have invited him. I just thought you would be happy to hang out with him, cuz he's your childhood best friend."

"What are you talking about? I'm not mad. And he's my childhood best friend. You are my best friend now." He looked away.

"Kook, I've known you since kindergarten. You can't hide it. I'm sorry ok. I'll buy you dinner to make it up. And I understand. Relationships can be complicated. I'm sorry I should've asked you."

"No it's ok. I forgive you. But this last piece of bread is mine!"

"You wouldn't dare!"

It was at that moment that you both jumped together. Your hands fighting over that final piece of bread. It belonged to you. He knew you loved it. He knew how to annoy the hell out of you. It angered you, but you still liked it. It was unique. It made him what he was. A crackhead.

"I can't wait for Arcade Night. I'll beat you so hard you would forget even the controls of overwatch." You laughed.

"Oh bring it on loser."

Time passed as small chatters filled the room along with customers. The clock now read 3PM and you knew it was soon time to leave. You walked out of the bakery waving goodbye and continued on to your way home to get changed and get ready. It was the third time you'd get changed today. It was still worth it.

Jungkook upon arriving in his living room, sat on his couch, all dirty, and stared into space. He was still disappointed, very much. But he still couldn't say no. Something about Taehyung just made him, angry. It didn't matter if he was his childhood best friends. His actions. When he was with Sun Hee. That was it! Sun Hee.

He got up ran to his room. He rummaged through his closet to find a box, a locked box. He took the key from the necklace he always wore and unlocked the box. The box was filled with pictures, all those photos you guys took throughout your whole life. Caressing each one of those photos, a warm smile appeared on his face.

You were ready in an hour when you looked at your wristwatch which said 4PM. You made sure you packed enough food and drinks in the picnic basket. You got your phone, your wallet, the picnic basket and the sheets and exited the apartment. When you were locking the door, you noticed Taehyung leaving next door at the same time. He was dressed in an expensive looking shirt, pants, expensive new-looking boots and what you thought was a Gucci hat. You looked at yourself dressed up in an oversized, white T-shirt that you haven't washed for who knows how long. It still smelled decent. You were wearing black ripped jeans, a pair of two years old sport shoes and a cheap ass baseball hat that you won in a carnival.

"Hey!" You greeted him, awkwardly.

"Wassup. I'll get that basket for you."

"No it's ok. I got it." You said nudging back.

"It wouldn't be a gentlemanly thing to do if I let you carry all that on your own."

"Hold up now. I don't care how you've been raised up, but this is town, and I'm a strong person. So I can do what I want. I said I don't need your help, and that's the end of it." You said immediately biting your tongue. A look of regret clear on your face.

"I-I mean"

"No it's ok. You have a strong personality. I like it. If that's what you want, then you got it."

You smiled at him awkwardly and made your way down the staircase.

As you two walked out of the building, you saw Jungkook already there, waiting for you outside. His back facing you. You put the stuff down and went up to him doing your signature handshake.

"Mom packed us some goodies from the bakery. She said if we are going to have a picnic, then baked goods were a must."

"Oh great! She better have put some of that banana bread down there."

"Even if she didn't, I would've brought some anyway." He laughed as he picked up your picnic basket.

"No I got it."

"Just let me do it. You are a weakling, you think I don't know that?"

"Oh please, I'm just scared you were to break your arm if you carried this." You started laughing and hitting him at the same time. You picked up the rest of your stuff.

Jungkook was laughing as he saw Taehyung staring at the two of you. Oh right. He's coming with us. Thought of all kinds flooding his head. You looked at Tae, smiling, and gestured him to come towards you.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2~26~19