7

Jungkook POV:

As I entered opened the door to the room, I was immediately greeted by scent of strawberries. There on the big black office chair, sat my boss, Mr. Park Jimin. A telephone was pressed against his right ear, as I saw him scribbling something as he whispered to the person on the other end.

I just stood there while he was busy doing his job, as I stared around the room. That room had been renovated a couple months ago. The strawberry scent hit my nose as I noticed the brown-pinkish tint of the room. The brown coffee table stood beside the brown couch, decorated with a pink coffee jug with pink cups. There was an off white table cloth over the coffee table. My eyes wandered behind Mr. Park; there was a photo frame hung on the wall with a cup of coffee and the word ‘caffeine’ written in big letters. The strawberry scent of the room sent an aroma of calmness throughout my body. As his eyes met mine, he immediately stood up and put his point finger at front and mouthed “one minute”.

After about five minutes or so, he then hung up the phone and turned his gaze upon me. He told me to sit, as he settled down in his chair. The he spoke.

“Alright, first, this is not anything bad, so you don’t have to worry about your financial structure. But you may need to find a new home and the company will cover the expenses.”

New place? What was he talking about? I looked at him, with a puzzled look.

“New place?” He let out a quiet chuckle as I questioned.

“The company is really proud of your work. They have decided to increase your salary. But,” He said with a smile, but a slightly worried expression. I had a small smile on my face, but it soon faded as he spoke the next few words.

“The company has decided for you move to the head office in Seoul. And you will have to stay there until the next set of instructions are provided. But don’t worry, the company will help you with the settlements. You will be staying at the company dorms. However, you may need to share an apartment with one other person until you can afford a new place for you to live in. The company will pay one-thirds of the cost for the furniture and other household requirements and the expenses of the house itself.”

“But, sir, I’m well settled here, plus my mom and my close friends are all here.” I was astonished. At the moment, nothing made sense. I didn’t have control over my say.

“I’m sorry, I know what you might be going through at this moment. I really hope that I could do something about it, but it’s not up to me. It’s the head office’s decision and I can’t object.”

I honestly could not process anything at the moment. There was just information in my head, but I didn’t know what to make of it. It was just a smoothie of all the things going on in my head, good and bad.

“Please give me some time to think about this,” was all that came out of my mouth before I pushed the door and ran out, escaping the sweet aroma and the soothing feeling of the room. No wonder why when people get fired, they don’t seem too desolated or disappointed.

As I made my way up the stairs, all I wished for was a calming day to help me get over the shock. Maybe the arcade date was gonna help.

“Date,” I said as I chuckled.

She completed me. She was like my other half; she calmed me when I needed to be calm. She was the key to my lock. She was the solution to my sorrow and stress. All I needed now was her. That one person that I fell for over and over again. She was the reason to my neediness, to my anxiousness. The question constantly popping up in my mind. Did she ever like me like the way I like her? The constant worry of our current relationship being affected haunted me. If I could, I would’ve told her all those years ago. But we were forever, and I could let nothing interrupt that strong force. I couldn’t lose her whatsoever, so I learnt to put my feelings aside. It was hard; I never would’ve thought that this would be that hard. I couldn’t. I was not strong enough.