10

Sun-hee POV:

We ended up spending the whole night in the 24 hour arcade. My eyes were almost swollen. There were bags under my eyes but I didn't care. All I cared about was the scoreboard in front of me. Two more points to win. Just two more points and Jeon Jungkook can finally say goodbye to his winning streak. All I had to do was shoot one basket. There were still 30 seconds on the timer.

"Sun-hee has been at it all night, will she be able to beat the Jeon Jungkook who has a streak of ninety nine? I would say, no." Jungkook started. The time on the clock was now 26 seconds, the ball still in my grasp.

"Shut up will ya." I practically yelled a him. I had enough. I had to win this. I had to win this for the sake of my pride. I couldn't let him win for the hundredth time today.

I gathered all my strength and courage and threw the ball into the basket and the scoreboard ring. Just in time. That is how I do it. I felt some cold liquid creeping on the ground against my feet only protected by my dollar store flip flops, following a small thud. Behind me was a Jungkook with his mouth agape, iced americano coming out drop by drop out of his mouth. His face had an unreadable expression, almost as if his soul had just left his body. The ground was covered with the iced americano that he dropped. I absolutely had to take an advantage of this moment.

"Guess who owes me dinner?" I put my point finger on his chest, his eyes still glued to the scoreboard. "Oh wait, that's you. Oh my god, does that mean that, you lost?" His eyes travelled to meet mine. His expression was still the same.
.
.
.
A huge piece of pizza entered my face. "Ah, food tastes so much better when it's won." I said, not forgetting the 'mmm' sound. While on the other hand, Jungkook's hands were up on his forehead, his body slouched against the table. I could tell he felt terrible. But this was just getting fun.

"Omo, does that mean that I can go around telling people that I, Moon Sun-hee, broke Jungkook's streak of almost one hundred? Wow this is some news."

"Yah," was the only noise that escaped his mouth before he shut it back down and went back to slouching against the table, while I took another bite of my pizza.

"Ok, I'll save you from the humiliation and not make this public." I joked more to get his attention. "By your expression I assume that you are not going to eat, so I'll eat a lot k? I'll make sure to finish this whole thing by myself since you bought it for me." I said, my mouth half full of pizza, a few pieces flying off out of my face.

"Yah, shouldn't a girl eat with manners. Look at you, no wonder why you are still single." He replied.

"Why? I can eat how I want to. What about you? Why are you still single? Why don't I see any girls around you?" He looked at me straight in the eye as if I had offended him.

"Who says I don't have girls fangirling over me? They are too dumb to date anyway. It's my decision not to date them. Aigoo, look at that piece of cheese stuck to your mouth." He bent over the table reaching out with his hand towards my face.

It felt like time stopped. A second felt like a minute as he slowly approached my face. Before I knew, his hands were on my chin. He stopped at that position and stared into my eyes. I could see everything in his eyes as I stared back at him. Those innocent eyes that I miss everyday. He quickly recovered and fell back on his chair. The moment was awkward.

We stayed like that for another minute or so, the music from the loudspeakers and the slurping noises filling up the silence of the room. I looked around to find people to make fun of, but at 3:00 AM, no one except for the person at the old counter was there, and we had already gotten all out of him. I slouched back on seat.